Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #89 - Oct. 19, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #89 for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #89 - Oct. 19, 2008

Hello and welcome once again to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #89 for the week of October 19, 2008.

I just returned from Walt Disney World, where I was covering a number of special events for the show. I was able to attend and bring you audio from the opening of the new Cast Member Wellness Center and speak with Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton and worldwide parks operations president Al Weiss, as well as the 2009 Walt Disney World Ambassador ceremony and meet the two new Ambassadors. I also attended a sneak peek of the new T-Rex Caf in Downtown Disney, and will bring you a little something different from that event this week. Ill have more News and a quick visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill.

Ill introduce a new segment this week called How to Be an Imagineer, in response to the question Ive received quite often over the past few years. Disney Imagineer Ed Romeo joins me to talk about his story and journey to become an Imagineer, as well as what working at and for Imagineering was like. This interview will be the first of hopefully many that will help prove to you that the road to becoming an Imagineer might not necessarily be the path you think.

Ill have more updates at the end of the show, just sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

Call the voicemail at 206-202-4WDW (4939)

Interviewing Meg Crofton at the Center for Living Well Opening
    (Photo courtesy Matt Roseboom)
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 10-20-2008 at 01:03 AM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    ***** LOVE THE VIDEO OF T-Rex ******
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    T-Rex looks awesome! The menu that Lou waslooking at looked much more extensive then what I read about on line. I wonder if items offered on the menu at T-Rex are the same as Rainforest with DIno insired names. Anyone know?

Also Lou mentioned a character meal in the podcast that is out of the parks and not as crowded at times. I listened a couple of times but I couldn't quite pick it up do to background noise. Can someone give me the name so I can check it out? Since Disney has added premium charges to certain character meals, meaning the most popular, my family and I will look for cheaper alternatives.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I believe I may have been talking about the Cape May Cafe character breakfast over at the Beach Club. MMmmmm... Mickey pancakes....
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    That's it, thanks Lou! Wow, Lou answered my question personally! Woot! It's like my birthday! I'll have to check the menu online again because the one I saw before was kinda small but you seemed to be looking at a bigger one. I think if I can work it out next year for free dining to coincide with a day on MNSSHP we are going in Sept/Oct 09! I must say I am upset though with the addition of the premium charges for these character dining plans. Where can I email and voice my displeasure???
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 10-22-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

TikiGoddess is offline B-Ticket Holder
    LOVE the video. I got the kids in front of the computer and showed it to them, and they are so psyched to go. We are Rainforest Cafe fans and are lucky to have one close to us.

I think you might have a budding career on Food Network, Lou! They must need someone to host a show about all the food choices at WDW... who better to host?

Kathy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I love hearing of how people found their way to Disney. It's definitely not a straight shot and often times has taken persistence. I also find it fascinating to hear about the various people who make up the teams of people that make things happen. Great show.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This may have more to do with the TRex Cafe video than the actual podcast, but the "montage" of Lou sampling and enjoying all of the food was priceless!

I'm halfway through the week's podcast and can't wait to get back in the car to hear the rest!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Loved the podcast! And the T-Rex video was great! I got to eat at T-Rex on Sunday and I thought it was awsome! All of our food was really good and the atmosphere is incredible. I got to eat in the Ice Cave, but now I want to go back and try to eat in each room. We did request the Ice Cave, so you can ask! They said that they won't be taking reservations until January.

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Forget about becoming an Imagineer. My med school bills are too high for that.

How can I become a doctor in the Disney Healthcare System?

thokecin is offline And really bad eggs...
    Loved the video report from the T-Rex Cafe! You need to do more of these Lou! Video DSI's would be sweet!!!
    "When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do."

Walt Disney

8 trips and counting!!!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post

Interviewing Meg Crofton at the Center for Living Well Opening
    (Photo courtesy Matt Roseboom)
    Nice photo.

It's just too bad that so many Disney purists hate her and constantly call her "Inoverherhead Meg".

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show Lou! Looks like you had yet another jam-packed trip at WDW! The opening of the Cast Member Wellness Center and speaking with Meg Crofton & Al Weiss was great to hear. With me being on a diet; I know how important it is to stay healthy. It's great for the CM's to have this now! Also; big congratulations to the new WDW Ambassadors for 2009! I look forward to seeing their work! I'm also very excited now for the T-Rex Cafe, sounds like a great place!

Your new segment, How to Be an Imagineer, is such an awesome idea! Your conversation with Ed Romeo was great to hear. I always find is fascinating in how the Imagineers come up to become an Imagineer in the first place. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him. Once again; great show Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!