Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Relive the Magic DVDs legit? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hi everyone - Can anyone vouch for the DVD ad on Lou's show notes pages for the "Relive the Magic" DVDs? How is the quality? Is there narration? Is there ...
    warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder

Relive the Magic DVDs legit?

Hi everyone -

Can anyone vouch for the DVD ad on Lou's show notes pages for the "Relive the Magic" DVDs?

How is the quality?
    Is there narration?
    Is there a lot of crowd noise?

I wasn't sure if they were a pop-up/spam ad or a site-approved ad.

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have the DVD's and I enjoy them.

There is no narration and it is basically just someone with a video camera recording each attraction. The quality is not high but I got what I expected for what I paid for them. I'm sure you will hear mixed opinions as I have read some people that have had issues with them playing in their DVD player but I have never had any issues with playing them.
    Last edited by Sonny Eclipse; 10-21-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Please note that the Relive the Magic DVDs are NOT an advertiser, partner or affiliate of the site, nor are they endorsed by me. They are from Google ads and appear because of the relevant content on these sites.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

warner1108 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Please note that the Relive the Magic DVDs are NOT an advertiser, partner or affiliate of the site, nor are they endorsed by me. They are from Google ads and appear because of the relevant content on these sites.
    That's the verification I was looking for - thanks Lou. I know that ads for products are not always approved - so I wanted to check.

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm really sorry, but I can't let that slide. I hate to bring up my very first post on this site, when I presented myself in a not-great light and even had Lou chide me for it, but I have to: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...vd-review.html

What Lou should have said is that they are no longer a sponsor or that he no longer endorses them. He certainly did at one point, and it was on that recommendation that I very foolishly spent over $200 on them. Worst purchase I ever made.

Save yourself some money and bring your own video camera with you next time you go to WDW. Exactly the same quality.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Don't waste your money
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    I have the dvds, and they are pretty good for just being homemade movies. Don't spend a lot of money on them though. If you visit there site, they are always having "one day sales". I ended up getting my set for $15 I think. Just keep watching the site and the prices will change every now and then.
    I also have another little tip. I went on the site to buy the cds for someone else, however I had to exit out of the site before I finished the order. Since I had already entered my information, they knew that I was trying to make an order. Later, when I checked my email, I had gotten a letter from them. They gave me a coupon for money off in the email to try and convince me to finish the order.
    I'm sorry this post is kind of long, but once again, if you can get the cds at a good price, it is a reasonable buy
    P.S. the 3D shows on the DVDs are not in 3D, they are just really fuzzy. So dont plan on recreating the ride in your living room. Also, the cds come in those paper slips, not dvd boxes so you'll need to buy a cd case
    Last edited by wdfan; 10-21-2008 at 03:28 PM.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I'm really sorry, but I can't let that slide. I hate to bring up my very first post on this site, when I presented myself in a not-great light and even had Lou chide me for it, but I have to... What Lou should have said is that they are no longer a sponsor or that he no longer endorses them. He certainly did at one point, and it was on that recommendation that I very foolishly spent over $200 on them. Worst purchase I ever made....
    I certainly don't deny having endorsed the DVDs at one point some time ago. And while I still believe that they do serve a certain purpose, for a number of reasons I chose to no longer endorse the product, nor accept their advertising on my site.

And it should be noted that Google ads, etc. have never constituted any type of endorsement by me or partnership with any advertiser therein.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    ***Relive the magic is having one of their "one day sales". The WDW dvds are now only $11. As noted above, these are not amazing quality videos, but $11 is not a bad price
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

WSauerbier is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well I own these DVD's and there are some fabulous reminders of why i love Disney......but there are some awful disappointments as well...... But come on those of you who have these discs tell me you don't love Maelstrom......You see a polar bear, some exit signs, and a lot of darkness....lol or space mountain.....There is a creepy pschyidelic scene then nothing

The cinematography is in no way speilberg's work and at times you feel like a creppy person following people in line.....lolol But if you are looking for a reminder of Disney for a cheap price these do work'

Actually the Beauty and The Beast Live on Stage-and Cinderellabration are loved by my three year old niece who I put the DVD's on when babysitting for her.

Bill
    The Cram Zone Guide to Walt Disney World 2010, now out on Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and booksamillion.com

Desperad07 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Relive the Magic DVDs legit?

Yeesh...i wish i read this thread before i got snookered into purchasing...mostly based on this ridiculous one-day deal....tons of DVDs for dirt cheap, which naturally led me to upsell myself and throw in a few regularly priced DVDs.

This was April 13....as of today....still haven't gotten them. 90 days of anticipation for what everyone is saying is pretty inferior stuff. Can't wait
    www.Eightiesology.com
    Celebrating the best of the '80s

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Are there any better alternatives other then my own home movies? Best I do right now is pulling up YouTube videos on my TV while my family huddles up together on the couch to watch. It's pretty sad I know, but it will have to do until we can get back to the kingdom.

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by wannabimagineer View Post
    Are there any better alternatives other then my own home movies? Best I do right now is pulling up YouTube videos on my TV while my family huddles up together on the couch to watch. It's pretty sad I know, but it will have to do until we can get back to the kingdom.
    Absolutely. For free, you can download clips filmed with significantly more care by people who weren't even planning on selling their home videos, yet had the decency to not film rides or entertainment with a big head in front of their camcorder.

Or if you're going to spend the money, pay Jeff Lange, who at least gathers the best edits and used super high quality processing on his DVDs. At least you're spending your money on someone doing hard work and not something pawning their poorly made home videos off on a hungry fan base.

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the tips, I did recently hear about the Jeff Lange DVD's. I will probably give those a shot. If you have a favorite episode let me know, thanks again.

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder

I bought mine a year or so ago for like $12 (maybe a little more). I was expecting them to be in a nice DVD case, as appears to be advertised on their site. What I got was fewer discs than advertised all in those little white sleeves. The quality of the video itself is worse than what you can do today w/ a digital cam. I guess they are ok for nostalgia purposes, but, if I could do it again, I would not purchase them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast