Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Top Things We Love About the Haunted Mansion in the The WDW Radio Show forums; One of the segments on this week's show is entitled: "Top 10 Things We Love About the Haunted Mansion." It easily could have been called the Top 100, because there's ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Top Things We Love About the Haunted Mansion

One of the segments on this week's show is entitled: "Top 10 Things We Love About the Haunted Mansion."

It easily could have been called the Top 100, because there's SO much to enjoy about it! So, what are some of the things that YOU love about the Mansion? A moment, a sound, a smell, music, animatronic, moment... whatever!

Go ahead and share them here (and feel free to post photos, etc. too if you like, of course!)

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This will be an interesting topic! HM is one of my favorite rides, the music is the first thing that comes to mind, when you get to the ballroom scene with the organ music playing. Every time I ride it I notice a little detail I had never noticed before. There is so much to look at, especially with the newer attic scene. My favorite part of the ride is probably once you tilt backwards and get into the cemetary. I also love the hallway with the floating candelabra.

The doombuggies always remind me of the time I rode with my sister as a teenager, we decided to switch sides as the lap bar came down and I sort of got stuck sitting on top of her, we managed to wiggle ourselves free. I almost took a spill outside the HM, same trip, I walked into one of the chains in the queue (wasn't looking where I was going) my sister still talks about that one.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    The ballroom. The whole thing just blows me away every single time I cruise by and try (in vain) to take it all in.

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ever since I was a little girl, my favorite part of the Haunted Mansion was when you tilt back and go down into the cemetery. I love the Ghost Host's voice and laugh too. I think the rehab was one of the best Disney has ever done. Also, we were there for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year, and the lady that comes out and sits on a bench in front of the Mansion is just amazing.

We were there when it was down all last summer, and it honestly felt like a part of me was missing. The Haunted Mansion is such a big part of my family's Disney vacation. :]

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    HM is one of my favorites. Hard to say why though. Maybe because it's just "fun". There's nothing really scary about it. The set design is great. When you have the CM's get really in character it makes it even more fun.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it's really cool that the room where the grooms head disapears has a complete storyline of its own. I also love the strech room and the effect of the body hanging overhead when the lights go out. The tombstones (especially the one that looks around) in front of the mansion and the invisable horse are always neat too.

herodrx1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've got to say that the one that is the best for me is the Graveyard Keeper and his dog. I love the way the dog is whinning and the way the man's knees are shaking. They are the absolute best!

Oh, I almost forgot the howling kitty cats. They are great too.
    Sally

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I can still remember the first time I visited the HM way back in 1977. Back then the CMs would try to scare the living daylights out of you by looking into your Doom Buggy just before you entered the Mansion. I could swear that the Mansion smelled old and musty back then. I don't get that sensation now. Maybe the old smeller is not what is used to be.

I have ridden dozens of times now and it seems I see something new everytime I ride. I really like the new lightning effects at the beginning and the footsteps on the staircase to nowhere. While I love everything about the HM I wish they would not have made the seance room brighter. The black light effects are not as pronounced as they used to be. I also miss the screaming in the graveyard scene.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Those popping heads used to scare the poop out of me! I think they toned those down. Forgot to mention little Leota, she is great with her faded flowers.

goingtowdw14 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am in the middle of listening to this segment but I had to to let you know that the album you talked about ("The Haunted Mansion - The Story and Song from The Haunted Mansion) is actually available as an MP3 on mousebits. It is part of a HUGE file called 1313southharborblvd. I just downloaded it but haven't had time to listen to it all.

Dana

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    The Haunted Mansion is by far my favorite ride at WDW. I love Halloween and decorating for Halloween so the set designs and special effects in HM are the reasons I like the ride so much. I am in college right now and am acutally switching over to a special effects and set design major. I would love to take a walk through of the Haunted Mansion
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I love the continuity of the music...how it flows seamlessly from one scene to the next. That and the interiors, AE's , the sets, the exterior, and the howling wolf sound as you approach the facade.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My favorites are the whole cue area outside; including the railings, graveyard and the way the mansion is raised above the rest of the area to give it that looming feeling. I also love the ballroom scene. It impressed me the first time I saw it and I look forward to it each and every time I ride the attraction.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    My two favorite things about the mansion, are definatly the ballroom scene, (the organ, and the CoP grandma) and of course the Toad crypt.
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    The Haunted Mansion is awesome. I love the grounds around the mansion. The ballroom scene is great, especially the ghosts hanging from the chandler. Happy Halloween All.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast