Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #91 - Nov. 2, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #91 for the week ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #91 - Nov. 2, 2008

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #91 for the week of November 2, 2008.

We’ll start off this week’s show with some news from Walt Disney World, including information on a number of special events going on now and in the coming weeks.

From there, we’ll chat with Disney’s Chief Magic Official and all around nice guy Justin Muchoney about what he’s been up to, what’s new and maybe even what’s next.

In our next segment, I’ll fire up the old Wayback Machine and take us back to a time before Walt Disney World had even opened. And joining me on my trek through the Florida swamps is fellow Disney geek Craig Wheeler, as he and I take a close look at a Walt Disney World we never knew by exploring the Lost Resorts of the Magic Kingdom. It’s a fun look back at what was supposed to be and might have been, with a little wondering and wishing as well.

I’ll answer a few of your emails, announce an impromptu new contest and give you some updates before playing your voicemails at the end of the show this week, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Hey, Louie! Why didn't Jeff Pepper join you for the Wayback Machine?

I hope that there's no bad blood between you both right now or something.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 11-03-2008 at 08:42 AM.

RoadTrip9 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yeah - has Jeff fallen out of favour?
    He hasn't been on the show for ages it seems!
    He was a big part of what got me hooked on the show in those early days, I love the conversation between you guys, so I hope he makes a return soon.
    Dez
    Lincolnshire, UK
    www.dereksmithmedia.com

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    *** We love Justin - enjoyed getting to know him at
    Magic Meets 2008. Happy today to get an update on
    his activities. Thanks Lou....... have him back soon***
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

soccermouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Bay Lake Tower

Could not find the link to the Bay Lake Tower in either the show notes or in the formu. Does anyone have it?

makeminemusic is offline A-Ticket holder
    I found the talk about the sinking areas by Seven Seas Lagoon very interesting. Maybe an underground resort in the future... "Disney's Sub-Surface Resort"?
    "Make Mine Music and the World will Sing"

Come listen to the classic Disney vinyl on www.waltsmusic.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by soccermouse View Post
    Could not find the link to the Bay Lake Tower in either the show notes or in the formu. Does anyone have it?
    My bad. Sorry about that (*Lou needs sleep desperately)

Bay Lake Towers
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadTrip9 View Post
    Yeah - has Jeff fallen out of favour?
    He hasn't been on the show for ages it seems!
    He was a big part of what got me hooked on the show in those early days, I love the conversation between you guys, so I hope he makes a return soon.
    Then again, Jeff did say in another thread:

Hi all--

Thanks for the kind words.

Due to the project I am currently working on, my availability has become more limited. That coupled with Lou's very, very busy schedule, it seems opportunities for us to record together have become almost non-existent. In recent months Lou has also seemed to shift away a bit from DSI-type segments and move more toward covering current Disney World news and events.

I must take exception to Lori's comments that I am likely burned out and drifting away from things Disney-related. That is not the case whatsoever. The project I am working on is distinctly Disney-related. Unfortunately it has forced me to reorganize my creative and professional priorities a bit and has severely limited the time I can devote to my blogs and other activities within the Disney fan communities.

trivial is offline A-Ticket holder

Music between Justin and Wayback Machine?

Does anyone know what this song is from? It can be best heard starting around 44:16. Thanks!

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Really great show this week Lou! Hearing another chat with CMO Justin Muchoney makes me even more jealous of him. He's having one of the best jobs right now! Your new WDW Wayback Machine with Craig Wheeler on the lost resorts of the Magic Kingdom was so fascinating to listen to. It's too bad some of those really interesting sounding resorts didn't make the cut. I think some of these would of been absolutely fantastic. Well, it's always a "what if" now. Overall, great show Lou! Keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!