Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #93 - November 16, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #93 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #93 - November 16, 2008

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #93 for the week of November 16, 2008.

In the Walt Disney World News this week, we’ll look at Disney’s latest technological initiative, which will keep Guests connected and informed in amazing new ways starting next year. I’ll also tell you where and when you can go meet Santa, and the reopening of new, old shops in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

I just returned from Walt Disney World, and brought back some audio segments that I think you’ll enjoy. First, I had a chance to visit and have a personal tour of the new Nine Dragons restaurant in China in Epcot’s World Showcase. Having recently opened after a long refurbishment, we discuss the changes to the restaurant’s décor and menu, as well as explore its cultural heritage and beautiful, rich symbolism located throughout.

I also had a wonderful opportunity to sit and chat with a man whose work for the Walt Disney Company I have admired for some time, and whose new book afforded me an even greater appreciation of not just the man, but the lessons he is now sharing with others. Lee Cockerell, former Executive Vice President of Operations at the Walt Disney World Resort talk with me in the park about his background, work with and for the Company, and his new book, "Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies From a Life at Disney." It’s a fascinating look at the work, and more importantly the people backstage that make the magic for us as Guests. Mr. Cockerell offers practical, real-world advice, coupled with wonderful stories from his tenure at Disney that people can use in their everyday life.

I’ll announce the winner of last week’s Carousel of Progress contest, and give you the question for this week’s contest, where I’ll be giving away 5 prizes instead of just one!

I’ll give you a hint at what’s to come in future shows, before playing your voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week Lou! Your live audio and discussion of the Nine Dragons Restaurant was interesting to hear. It definitely makes me want to experience Nine Dragons for myself on my next trip down there! Your discussion with Lee Cockerell was very fascinating to hear, and it was very interesting as well. It's great to hear from his perspective what it was like working at WDW. Congrats to the Carousel of Progress contest winner as well! Great show Lou, keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!