Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #94 - Nov. 23, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #94 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #94 - Nov. 23, 2008

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #94 for the week of November 23, 2008.

In News from Walt Disney World this week, we’ll look at the Christmas Day Parade taping schedule, new dining offerings in the parks, a new way to celebrate your child’s birthday, and the new, ultimate thrill ride at Walt Disney World.

December brings us not just the holiday season and a great time to visit Walt Disney World, but the annual gathering of Disney fans from around the world as past of the annual MouseFest event. This week, I enlist the help of a MouseFest veteran and first-timer in Glenn Whelan and Greg Grimsley to join me to talk about the event, planning for it, tips for getting the most out of the experience, my events, and more. Whether you’re attending this year, thinking about joining us in the future, or even if you’re not sure what MouseFest is or if it’s right for you, I think you’ll find this to be both helpful and fun.

From future events to Walt Disney World of the past, this week I’ll once again take you aboard my Wayback Machine to Discovery Island, the tropical island paradise on Bay Lake that for years entertained guests with everything from pirate lore to exotic plants, birds and animals. Ryan Wilson is my co-pilot this week as we look at its history, numerous storylines, rumors and possible future.

I’ll announce the winner of last week’s World Showcase contest, and give you another new question for this week’s contest, as well as a special Thanksgiving treat before playing some of your voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Nice job on the show, as usual.

If I wasn't excited about Mousefest before, I certainly am now!!

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day
    I so want to go to Mousefest!! I'd probably be one of those "lone wolves" going into it. The event just sounds like an amazing time, I can't imagine what it's like to be there. I'd honestly probably follow Lou around the entire time, sitting at the tree of knowledge.

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Mousefest will be a blast, I'm really looking forward to it, and I loved the ending of the show too Lou.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

NDM#1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

No Pirate Island

I feel like the pirate theme is close to approaching over-exposure. If they did a pirate island, they would have to tone that theme down elsewhere in the world.

I think I would prefer something like Milo's Atlantis. I do realize that technically Atlantis is underwater. However, I have no doubt that Disney would find a way to effectively pull this theme off. Plus, people could possibly rent those cool fishy jet skiis that the gang rides when they are chasing the bad guys. But Atlantis was a pretty exciting and adventurous movie complete with volcanoes, hot air balloons, submarines, mythical water creatures, creepy statues that also act as guardians and lots of glowing blue stuff. It's a fresh idea rather than the nearly tired and probably overly merchandised pirate theme.
    J.L. http://thedisneydrivenlife.com/

TRUE CONFESSIONS OF A NEUROTIC DISNEY MOM
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ull-story.html

Disney's Beach Club Villas June 2009
    Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 2008
    Members of Disney Vacation Club February 2008

Now I'm even more excited about Mousefest!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

ghasty is offline B-Ticket Holder

as for Discovery Island theme

I would have to go with the idea of Disney creating Neverland. Believe that way you could have several different sections of the island for Pirates, lost boys/girls, mermaids, etc. You know, you could possibly even have a new home for the Adventurer's Club on the island of Neverland...
    ---
    Gary M. Hasty
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Really interesting show this week Lou! Your discussion of MouseFest with Glenn Whelan and Greg Grimsley was great. It definitely does sound like it's going to be an awesome event, it stinks that I'm unable to be there for it. (At this time it's happening right now, hope your having a great time! But the discussion was really great to hear! Your new trip to the WDW WayBack Machine with Ryan Wilson on Discovery Island (near MK, not DAK!) was definitely interesting. You definitely helped shed more light onto the island for me than I all ready knew. So thanks for teaching me more about it! Congrats to the winner of the World Showcase contest as well! Once again, great show Lou! I also hope you and your family had a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving. I know I did! Keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!