Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #97 - Dec. 14, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I love this show! I've listened to it twice now. POR is my family's favorite moderate. I also love Willey's web site. I've read all of the back stories for ...
    monica31671 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love this show! I've listened to it twice now. POR is my family's favorite moderate.

I also love Willey's web site. I've read all of the back stories for Port Orleans. Thanks to all of you that work so hard to feed my addiction!

Andre is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'd like to thank one of Lou's listeners, Michael Landman, who responded to the plea at the end of the show for anyone with a copy of the original Port Orleans resort guest newspaper to come forward. Michael kindly sent me his 1994 copy of the Sassagoula Sentinel, and over the last week or so I've been busy scanning, OCRing and Photoshopping like mad, and now it's all done and live on the site.

So now we finally have the entire Port Orleans / Dixie Landings backstory available along with all the original illustrations - see Port Orleans Backstory.

Thanks again Michael - and Lou too, of course!

Andre
    Last edited by Andre; 02-10-2009 at 07:57 AM.
    Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
    Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week, Lou! I really enjoyed your closer look on Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside Resorts with Andrew Willey. I remember staying at French Quarter way back in 1995 (my first trip to WDW!) and it really brought back a lot of great memories. Great show Lou, keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Andre is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh well, that's it, no more banana-stuffed french toast or sweet potato cakes - as of this morning, Boatwright's Dining Hall at Port Orleans Riverside no longer serves breakfast.

Sorry Lou, perhaps a moment's silence in the next show...

Andre
    Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
    Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12