Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #98 - Dec. 21, 2008 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #98 for the week ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #98 - Dec. 21, 2008

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #98 for the week of December 21, 2008.

With a quiet week in Walt Disney World News, we’re going to jump right in and take look back at this year’s MouseFest event that too place last week in Walt Disney World. Enthusiasts from around the world and from dozens of online communities gathered to celebrate and share their love of Disney through friendships new and old. Back with me to discuss the events and what MouseFest really means is Glenn Whelan and Greg Grimsby, as we recap the events day by day, and how each of us spent and enjoyed what we all agree was a wonderful few days in Disney.

As 2009 approaches, Disney fans have a lot to look forward to, with many new experiences coming to Walt Disney World. One of them is the American Idol Experience, an interactive show and competition like no other, with a new level of excitement coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney Parks spokesperson Gary Buchanan joins me to get a sneak peek as to what’s to come for participants, Guests and audience members who will be offered a level of participation in the show like never before.

In the spirit of the season, I’ll have another fun, holiday-themed trivia contest for you, where you can play to win a prize package.

I’ll play some more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MikeyMCM is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey, just wanted to give everyone a heads up...one of the videos of the Triviafest finals, can be found at youtube.com/magiccitymayhem. It was awesome being there in person. Can't wait for next year!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Mikey, great meeting you at MouseFest, and thanks so much for taking the videos! Great job!!! Hope to see you guys again in WDW soon!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I see I got some "link love" in the show notes.....awesome!

Nancy and I cannot wait to listen to the the WDW Radio Show MouseFest wrapup show. Especially considering we were able to participate with alot of DWTers this year
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Another great show, Lou! I enjoyed hearing about the new Idol experience...I know my girlfriend will love that when we go in March!

pollioni is offline A-Ticket holder
    What a great Mousefest recap. It was great to hear about another first timers experience.

As I was travelling with a veteran of Mousefest I had an excellent trip. He has blogged about our trip at "The Disney World Blog"

I hopefully be able to make it back next year.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    This was another wonderful show. I'm so happy to hear about the meet a month next year. We hope it may be when we are visiting so we can meet you in person. Keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks again for all the wonderful interviews & information you pass on to us.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

mickeysgal is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was only able to attend the Saturday night Illuminations meet and had a great time. I didn't talk much, since I'm pretty shy, but I had a great time watching everyone, playing the game and even winning a prize. I hope our next trip falls during Mousefest again, and I might be able to join in more meets.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Really exciting show this week, Lou! I really enjoyed your roundtable of MouseFest 2008 with Glenn Whelan & Greg Grimsby, it makes me wish I really could of been there for it! Hopefully I definitely can one of these years, I'll make sure of it. Your discussion with Gary Buchanan on The American Idol Experience was also interesting to hear. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of this attraction, but it does have some interesting concepts though. In any case, great job Lou! I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and a wonderous holiday season. I know I did. Keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!