Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #102 - Jan. 18, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #102 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #102 - Jan. 18, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #102 for the week of January 18, 2009

I’m back from a trip to Walt Disney World with a lot to share with you this week, including some very interesting Walt Disney World News. From openings to closures to changes and updates, there are many exciting things happening now and in the future.

I also returned from covering the 16th annual Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, not as a runner, but as a spectator. 6 guests join me this week, all of whom either completed the half or full marathon or cheered from the sidelines alongside me. It’s a fun look back at the weekend from many perspectives, including a lot of good that came out of everyone’s efforts.

My inbox has been overflowing with your questions, so I welcome back Beci Mahnken to the show to help me answer your pressing questions, many of which will hopefully involve dining in Walt Disney World.

I’ll have the answers to and winner of last week’s Walt Disney World trivia contest, and will challenge you once again this week with new questions and even more prizes!

I’ll have some announcements and then play back some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou [a t ] wdwradio.com

Call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at WDWRadio.com - The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show again Lou! Love the fact that you look at the closing of SM for refurb as good and bad. Yes it does need to be spruced up a bit. Also I hope that they dont close the TTA altogether. I'll be down there 6 days after they close so we will see. Cannot wait til next week.

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Listening to it now...as always, its already a good show!

Listening to the marathon recap segment sure brought back some great memories.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder
    listened to the show earlier today. Lou, do you mind if i use you as the excuse for not doing my homework? haha. the shows are just so good. I went to the "Are You 23?" link, and put in my e-mail for it. i wonder what that whole thing is about. i wonder if it has anything to do with the Jim Carrey movie "The Number 23". lol. Great show!
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm a bit late asking this, but didn't Beci mention a private dinner @ the GF? And I thought the info. was going to be in the show notes? Maybe I have the wrong show #? or am looking in the wrong place?

I would love some more info. on that! We are going in Sept. for my birthday & that might be just the thing to make it extra special!
    Zima-Cheryl

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Lou, I hate to tell you this, but you're constant talking about food is actually getting annoying.

It's time for us to make you take a bet and promise not to mention food on your show for a long time. Good luck, Louie M.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sorry, but I disagree, Kingcrab. I think it's hilarious with each and every segment to see how Lou's gonna turn it to food. It's not like it takes away from the segment... it's usually just a quick mention. Kind of like the 6 steps from Kevin Bacon game.
    Hypermommy

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Great show this week Lou! Your roundtable on the Walt Disney World Marathon with everyone there was really great to hear. It's also very inspiring for many who could be training to run the marathon one of these years! It was very enjoyable to hear! Great job to you and Beci Mahnken with the emails as well. Congratulations to the contest winner as well! Once again, entertaining show Lou. Great job!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Namu is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just wanted to comment on the "Are you 23?" thing. Pinnochio's release on dvd is also March 10, the day that the site counts down to. Idk if that has anything to do with it, but I thought it was curious
    In the big sea of life dude, treat everyone like an oyster. cuz you never know when you might find a pearl- Crush the Turtle