Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #103 - Jan. 25, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #103 for the week ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #103 - Jan. 25, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #103 for the week of January 25, 2009.

Iíll start off this week with some news from Walt Disney World, including some information about new interactive experiences coming to the parks, as well as the upcoming Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.

Walt Disney World is a place where anyone and everyone can feel like a kid again, make their dreams come true, and enjoy all of what makes it so truly magical. And when I say everyone, I mean just that, as Disney is one of the best, most accommodating vacation spots for people with special needs. In this weekís very special roundtable, Iím joined by a number of guests, some of whom are authors of books about traveling to and touring around Walt Disney World with special needs, while others have unique needs of their own. And if you think that this segment might not apply to you or someone you know, you might be very surprised about what youíll hear.

My next interview is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. In response to a number of questions I received about this very topic, Iím going to talk about Walt Disney World, and its connection to the breakup of The Beatles. You might not know about how the two are linked, but Iím joined by May Pang, companion to John Lennon, who will talk about what took place at Disneyís Polynesian Resort, as well as Johnís visits to Walt Disney World with his son. Itís an interesting look back at some of the private times of a celebrity in Walt Disney World, and the historic event that took place there.

Iíll announce the winner of last weekís Walt Disney World trivia contest, and will challenge you once again this week with yet another contest!

Iíll have some announcements and then play back some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I haven't even listened to the show yet, but I already have to thank you for this interview Lou. I'm a big fan of the Beatles and have always been interested in their history. Hearing about Lennon's connections to WDW is going to be amazing, and with May Pang of all people! Thanks Lou, I can barely wait to listen
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We traveled with a service dog this past summer. If anyone is going with a dog, get the guide books for guests with disabilities from Disney before your trip. Find out where the relief spots are ahead of time. Also, it was helpful to know what rides the dog could go on and which ones he could not so we could plan accordingly. I wrote a trip report written from the dog's perspective and posted it on the forums. It's called something like Disney from a dog's eye view.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Red Helicopter is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Another great podcast.

I wonder what room John Lennon was staying in at the Poly?

Fave part of #103 = the very end. Goosebumps.

Now Is The Time is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think the most interesting part about John Lennon signing the papers at the Polynesian is that I didn't realize it took that long to "officially" end the Beatles - they broke up in April of 1970 but it took over 4 years to do it legally. Wonder why it took so long?

Not to spoil Lou's thunder, but I'm not sure that WDW has any real "ties" to the breakup of the Beatles since they had been broken up in every other sense of the word for years, but it's cool to know that John Lennon made it official in his room at the Polynesian.

bamfer23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Listening to it now...can't wait to hear the interview!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Helicopter View Post
    Another great podcast.

I wonder what room John Lennon was staying in at the Poly?

Fave part of #103 = the very end. Goosebumps.
    I listened while doing my taxes. I'll listen again but why the goosebumps?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I liked the interview about guests with disabilities. There were definitely some things I would never have thought of brought up during that interview. And I loved the interview about John Lennon. My oldest child and I listened to it together since the first thing I ever taught my kids about music was "John, Paul, George and Ringo... Ringo's the funny looking one." LOL
    Hypermommy

Great show!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Mikey Mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really enjoyed the May Pang interview, but was it just me, or did the audio seem a little "disjointed?" Perhaps my iPod has a glitch, but the editing seemed to jump all over the place a bit. It sounded like the same questions were repeated twice, and the same (or remarkably similar) Q&A's were brought up in different parts of the segment (like when Lou asked if they had a tour guide around marker 1:16:03, the retelling of the story of the final signing of the documents disbanding the Beatles, and May recalling John's hoping the Parks were packed). I've listened to it twice, and it just seems like there were some unusual breaks. Am I alone here?

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    This show almost felt different, but in a very good way. Your roundtable on addressing special needs in Walt Disney World with everyone was very fascinating. It was very eye-opening but also very informative as well. Your discussion on the connection between Walt Disney World and The Beatles with John Lennon's companion, May Pang, I was surprised by. I may have heard about their breakup before, but this at least reminded me of it. I wasn't expecting it, but it was a nice surprise as well. Congratulations to the contest winner! Great show Lou, keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Desperad07 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Great show. I never knew the connection and I'm quite the Beatles fan. It's actually a very significant connection for me. John Lennon is not only my favorite Beatle but easily one of my favorite musicians of all times and an inspiration to me. The Polynesian was our family's favorite stay during our first Disney World trips in the '80s. And for added irony...I was born in 1974, the year John signed those papers! I can't wait to tell my parents, who loved the Polynesian and John as much as I do!
    www.Eightiesology.com
    Celebrating the best of the '80s

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am obviously a huge Beatles fan (look at my handle)..
    I never knew that John, May Pang and Julian had ever been there, or the connection to the Polynesian.. Now of course, we all need to know the room number!!
    Remembering what WDW was like back then, it was just the MK at that point and I believe before Space Mountain..
    Imagine riding on the monorail and seeing John Lennon...