Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #105 - Feb. 8, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . This is show #105 for the week of February 8, 2009, and as always, ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #105 - Feb. 8, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station . This is show #105 for the week of February 8, 2009, and as always, I am your host, Lou Mongello.

We’ll kick off this week’s show with some news from Walt Disney World, before climbing aboard my Wayback Machine for another trip back in time and to the future, as we take a look at “The World Showcase That Never Was.” Ryan Wilson joins me to explore some pavilions in World Showcase that were closer to being built than you might think, other concepts that never made it off the drawing board, and even some additions to current pavilions that we never got to see. We’ll take a look at what might have been, and also peek ahead, and discuss what may be coming to the promenade in the future. At the end, I’ll ask you for your opinion on the future of World Showcase.

I’ll open up the Inbox once again and answer many more of your emails this week with the help of Beci Mahnken. We’ll “Walk Around the World,” take a look at birthdays, music, romance, Animatronics, and so much more as we answer your questions and help you with some vacation planning advice and tips.

I’ll announce last week’s Walt Disney World trivia contest winner before I give you a new set of challenges for this week’s contest where you can win a prize package and even a bonus prize as well.

Stay tuned to the end of the show for some announcements before I play back some of your voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder
    Really interesting show this week Lou! Your new Wayback Machine on the unrealized concepts of World Showcase with Ryan Wilson was definitely great. I remember hearing about some pavilions such as Africa and what not, and it's a shame a lot of those really great ideas fell by the wayside. Great job to you and Beci Mahnken on the emails, and congratulations to the contest winner! Great job Lou, keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

mickeysgal is offline A-Ticket holder
    I can't seem to find podcast #105 on the Pop up player. I don't have an Ipod or MP3 player (I know, I know...I'm behind the times) so I have to use the player. Will it be up soon? Teaches me to be busy and miss the show earlier in the week.
    Traveling to WDW with kids? Visit me at www.strollingtheparks.blogspot.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Sorry about that. Can you try again? It should be there for you
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mickeysgal is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you! I'm listening right now! I'm glad it's there...I love the "Wayback Machine".
    Traveling to WDW with kids? Visit me at www.strollingtheparks.blogspot.com

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I love hearing about the World Showcase that never was, but it makes me sad too. Some of the ideas sounded so great! I wonder what Alex Haley thought about Africa not being put there after all?

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lou...THANK YOU for putting in the Energy song into the introduction. I have been trying to get that song out of my head for weeks and I couldn't remember the words. That was my favorite song as I was a child and it really brought back some great memories. THANK YOU!
    Also Thanks for the great podcast. I love learning more and more about Disney. I really love Epcot and I always have...I hope someday we will see more showcases and definitely more restaurants. Thanks again!
    If you can Dream it, the you can do it!

My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse

Disney 2009 Part Two: 3 months 15 days.... Cannot wait!!