Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss If you could add one nation to World Showcase, what would it be? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Ooooh...Greece would be an excellent pavillion! The restaurant especially! :-)...
    eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ooooh...Greece would be an excellent pavillion! The restaurant especially! :-)

Ceci is offline Annual Passholder
    Brazil....

jonsimon is offline A-Ticket holder

Pavillion Sponsorship

If I recall correctly (and excuse me as I have not listened to this week's podcast as yet), World Showcase pavillions are sponsored by the country represented.

Given the political turmoil, I doubt an all-encompassing Arbian pavilion would work.

Recalling Expo 67 here in Montreal, we had both an Iraqi and Iranian pavillion as well as one from Israel.

The Indian economy is not suffering as much as others by the U.S. originated economic turmoil, and could be supportive of a pavillion.

The South American countries should also be in better shape, so Argentina would be possible.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I would like to see Australia added to World Showcase. It's such a huge country and has a variety of terrain and climate. So few Americans get to experience a trip to Australia. I know some people might thing that Australia is too close to that of England, but having lived in both countries, I can assure you they are not any more similar than Japan and China.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Born 2B Grumpy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think Australia would be a great addition.I can already taste the lamb chops ,grilled prawns,a wide variety of wines,and Fosters beer. Perhaps they could borrow the lamb slider sandwich from New Zealand. They could have a mini-zoo featuring koalas,crocs,kangaroos,emus and snakes. could showcase aborigine art and history. Pass on the Aborigine food.
    ~ MickeyBabe's Better Half

Running Goofy again in 2013!!

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Me? As I said on the show, Egypt would be easily my first choice. Think of the pyramids, the Sphinx at the entrance. You could have a walk or ride-through attraction as you explore the depths of the pyramids, a Nile river ride, a Cairo outdoor marketplace... the possibilities are endless.
    Wow, this is so weird, because I was laying in bed thinking about this the other night! I was thinking Egypt! Although, I have also been thinking about resort ideas.
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

CaptainFiz13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Winfield, IL (about 35 min west of Chicago)
    I bet they could make a killer ride with an Australia theme! Something that takes you from the Ayers rock, to the Barrier reef, etc. With singing kangaroos and koalas. Although, hmm, I guess technically a Great Barrier reef ride is out because they sort of have one . . .The Seas with Nemo & Friends.

On a similar topic, being part-Cherokee, I would like to see a little more of a Native American presence somewhere in the parks. I think that would make a cool pavillion somewhere. Especially something delving into Indian legend and lore. But then I suppose you get into the "which tribes" arguments, etc.
    From a marketing aspect, maybe incorporate Brother Bear or something.

KevinZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Added 'em all, but if I have to choose Australia gets my vote.
    Kevin

WDWRadio Cruise : Deck 8 is great!
    "Almost there!"
    "Keep moving forward!"

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    I would love to see Australia. The outback and native. And the food.
    Isreal sound intersenting but that bring some negatives.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    Quote Originally Posted by vowell1055 View Post
    Russia. No question. After that, I'd say Korea, but I have to admit, that's primarily for a bulgogi restaurant.
    ohh bulgogi im drooling just thinking about that my friend's mom is Korean and makes AMAZING food she's a great cook

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wish they would bring back the Millennium Village. They had 20-30 countries represented in one big pavilion. My kids still love looking at their "Passports" with all the stamps and greetings from each country. There were several attractions and food boothes in it so you could really get a broad sampling. Don't know if anyone remembers that, but I certainly thought that was a pavilion worth keeping. They could even rotate smaller countries in and keep it ever-changing.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by BusDriver View Post
    I wish they would bring back the Millennium Village. They had 20-30 countries represented in one big pavilion. My kids still love looking at their "Passports" with all the stamps and greetings from each country. There were several attractions and food boothes in it so you could really get a broad sampling. Don't know if anyone remembers that, but I certainly thought that was a pavilion worth keeping. They could even rotate smaller countries in and keep it ever-changing.
    I think that's the best idea I have read in this thread thus far. I do remember the Millennium Village and loved it. I have this beautiful handmade jewelry box with exquisite inlay from a Korean artisan who took the time to really show us his work. We were very impressed by him, and bought it as a honeymoon souvenir. It's on my bureau.

Now, that space is used for events. I was in there one year for the Party for the Senses during the Food and Wine Festival.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I vote for Russia. I lived there for two years and really enjoyed the architecture, art, and culture. I wasn't too hip on the food, but I'm not an adventurous eater.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Miss Neverland is offline A-Ticket holder
    Listened to the podcast this morning. I think an Egypt pavilion would be amazing. When I was younger I was completely fascinated with the history of Egypt. I agree on how there could be an indoor ride themed as a cruise down the Nile. In that ride you could see the pyramids being built, a Pharoah's palace, see the mummification ceremony going on maybe even pass into the afterlife which could mean you see the Egyptian gods. Another option could be a maze inside a pyramid. Even the spitting camels from the old Aladdin parade could be used in Egypt.

TwoTinyWings is offline A-Ticket holder
    After listening to the podcast and reading the posts i'd have to agree with most people i'd pick either Egypt or Australia. i think both of those would be great additions to the world showcase.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast