Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss If you could add one nation to World Showcase, what would it be? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I'd vote either Brazil or Australia. Neither one of those continents (S. America and Australia) are represented. And both have easily transferable "weenies". You could have the Rio de Janeiro's ...
    futureWDWCEO is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'd vote either Brazil or Australia. Neither one of those continents (S. America and Australia) are represented. And both have easily transferable "weenies". You could have the Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue (ok...probably a bit religious for Disney...but amazing just the same) in Brazil. And of course the Sydney Opera House on the shores of the World Showcase Lagoon for Australia.
    ME DW DD6DS4
    1995 - 1st WDW trip!! 2000 - WDW Honeymoon!!!! (GF & CBR) 2004 - 1st WDW trip with daughter!!! 2006 - 1st WDW trip with son!!! 2008 - Yet another WDW trip!! June 2009 - 1st DVC Stay!!! April 2010 - 1st Disney Cruise!!! June/July 2010 - BCV w/friends Dec. 2010 - WDW Reunion '10

And don't forget some sort of mini-Carnival celebration for Brazil. That would be a blast.
    ME DW DD6DS4
    1995 - 1st WDW trip!! 2000 - WDW Honeymoon!!!! (GF & CBR) 2004 - 1st WDW trip with daughter!!! 2006 - 1st WDW trip with son!!! 2008 - Yet another WDW trip!! June 2009 - 1st DVC Stay!!! April 2010 - 1st Disney Cruise!!! June/July 2010 - BCV w/friends Dec. 2010 - WDW Reunion '10

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Personally, I'd rather see Austrailia represented over at DAK, but I love the idea of a Brazil pavillion. Also, an Indian palvillion would be execllent.
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I would have to go with Egypt.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would have to say Egypt or India.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Russia.......When I was growing up, we were sure that there would be missles raining down from the sky on us from the Soviet Union any moment. I mentally bookmarked the locations of the fallout shelters in my town and was probably the fastest kid in class to get under my desk during the "disaster drills". For me the U.S.S.R. was not something to be admired for their cultural offerings, but a nation that looked cold, gray and evil on the evening news.

I guess since they did not engage us in a thermonuclear conflict, I would find it interesting to explore their culture and architecture within the context of World Showcase. However, I can't say that a ride or dining concept immediately pops into my head, so Russia may not be the most entertaining or palatable pavillion.

I too agree that the most sensible option would be the return of Millennium Village as a permanent fixture (good thinking BusDriver).

Quote Originally Posted by EpcotCenter1 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see Austrailia represented over at DAK
    I could definitely live with that....
    ME DW DD6DS4

DivaOstrich is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by futureWDWCEO View Post
    I'd vote either Brazil or Australia. Neither one of those continents (S. America and Australia) are represented. And both have easily transferable "weenies". You could have the Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue (ok...probably a bit religious for Disney...but amazing just the same) in Brazil. And of course the Sydney Opera House on the shores of the World Showcase Lagoon for Australia.
    I just read this post and thought..pretty neat! When I was listening to the show I was thinking I would like to see Brazil or Australia as well. I was thinking Brazil because I am 1/4 Brazilian and would love to learn a bit more firsthand about my heritage w/out actually having to 'travel' to Brazil and Australia because the country and native culture fascinates me (not to mention having some scrummy food off the Baaawwwbie and a nice glass of Australian wine ;o).

startedwmouse is offline B-Ticket Holder
    One country no one brought up, at least I didn't see it. Cuba. Granted US Cuba relations are not the greatest right now, but that looks to be improving, but Cuba has a rich heritage and great food. Not sure about the attractions...

Egypt would be great. Close your eyes and imagine the Pyramids and Sphynx greeting you. A street market with craftsmen and authentic food (Lou...) A ride down the Amazon river with an ecological theme, and a nice drop or some surprise to make it interesting at the end like Maelstrom.

I also like the Millennium Village concept. Have different countries rotate in and out, with some countries being persistent.

Mike
    Mike
    Follow me on twitter @mainstdisney
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was all started by a mouse
    "WALT DISNEY WORLD is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney . . . and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place . . . a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn together. Dedicated this 25th day of October, 1971"

o0mercer0o is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think India, Egypt, and Australia would be great additions. To see the Taj Mahal, the Pyramids and The Sydney Orchestra Hall would make the World showcase even more awe inspiring than it is now.

o0mercer0o is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love to see Egypt, Australia, and India. To see the Pyramids, the Sydney Orchestra hall, and the Taj Mahal as part of World Showcase would be amazing!

Sorry for the double post... My browser locked up

cavaliers60 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think Egypt would be a wise choice. Just think of all the history behind them. So much technology we use today was used by them long ago. Paper, construction, etc. Not sure of an attraction you could add in it though, but obviously the main pavilion would be a pyramid.. or at least the front of the building would look like one. Not so sure on dining either as I have never had Egyptian food.

kuzibah is offline A-Ticket holder
    I also vote for Russia. There are good arguments to be made for other countries, but I think with Russia there is just so much that Americans don't know about this country. So much history, folklore, the spectacular architecture, and yes, the FOOD! (If you've never had real Russian borscht, it's like a meal in itself.) Oh, and I'd like to design the vodka bar-- everything ice cold.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    Quote Originally Posted by EpcotCenter1 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see Austrailia represented over at DAK, but I love the idea of a Brazil pavillion. Also, an Indian palvillion would be execllent.
    I agree. I like the idea of Australia in Animal Kingdom! I like Egypt for WS.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    Animal Kingdom is centered around Asia and Africa. The whole Oceania area would be a nice pavilion for WS I think. (Australia and New Zealand is Oceania if you don't know) Like on the podcast, I think Venezuela would be an awesome choice for WS. But the other thing is, we don't know exactly what has to happen for a country to be selected, drawn up, funded, then built.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast