Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Food Challenge for Lou/Dream Team Project in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hey, Lou: Love the podcast, as always, but I have a challenge for you and all your listeners-- Since it's become such a joke to mention food as many times ...
    MrWesley is offline A-Ticket holder

Food Challenge for Lou/Dream Team Project

Hey, Lou:

Love the podcast, as always, but I have a challenge for you and all your listeners--

Since it's become such a joke to mention food as many times in a podcast as possible, I'd like to challenge you to not mention food in any fashion at all. And to sweeten the deal, here's what I propose. Starting at minute 0:00 of your next WDWRadio podcast (#108 - March 1, 2009), for every minute of podcast that you do NOT mention food (no foods, not the word "food," no food vendors or restaurants... nothin'), I will donate one crisp dollar bill to the Dream Team Project.

Just think of it! After only one podcast, you could get, what... two, three thousand dollars!

And I challenge all your listeners to match my donation! If you're up for this challenge, just reply to this thread!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    As noble as that is and as much money as it could raise for the Dream Team project, not mentioning food with Disney anything is pretty hard to do. Good luck with that.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

That's a great idea! I bet he only goes 10 minutes before mentioning food.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Oh wow... this is such an incredible offer I cannot thank you enough...

Of course this means that I may have to pull the segments I had planned for this week and try and come up with something to include on the show! Yikes!!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    I LOVE it!!!!

What a wonderful gesture Mr. Wesley!

I'll match that amount!

Lou, you will have to train like crazy for this!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Absolutely NO offense to MrWesley, but, can you really afford/be willing to donate hundreds of dollars?
    If you can...
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Might I suggest this idea be put off until maybe show 109 or 110, so Lou has a chance to set this up on the show beforehand -- might get many more donors that way. Also, it would be a LOT of fun if his guests KNEW about it and tried to trip Lou up during segments.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

I think the Co-Host needs to come back to help with this since I am a Dream Team member.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I think the Co-Host needs to come back to help with this since I am a Dream Team member.
    As long as you're helping him NOT mention food, and not trying to trip him up! Longer without food, more $$ for Dream Team.

Great idea! I'm in for matching this! I found 50 cents in the couch, so the first 30 seconds is covered.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by clion View Post
    Might I suggest this idea be put off until maybe show 109 or 110, so Lou has a chance to set this up on the show beforehand -- might get many more donors that way. Also, it would be a LOT of fun if his guests KNEW about it and tried to trip Lou up during segments.
    I agree with this post. I may even tune in to catch Lou trying not to mention food.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWesley View Post
    Hey, Lou:

Love the podcast, as always, but I have a challenge for you and all your listeners--

Since it's become such a joke to mention food as many times in a podcast as possible, I'd like to challenge you to not mention food in any fashion at all. And to sweeten the deal, here's what I propose. Starting at minute 0:00 of your next WDWRadio podcast (#108 - March 1, 2009), for every minute of podcast that you do NOT mention food (no foods, not the word "food," no food vendors or restaurants... nothin'), I will donate one crisp dollar bill to the Dream Team Project.

Just think of it! After only one podcast, you could get, what... two, three thousand dollars!

And I challenge all your listeners to match my donation! If you're up for this challenge, just reply to this thread!
    Now you're talkin'!

It's such a refreshing change of pace to finally hear from someone who feels the same way as I do and has wanted to challenge Louie M. to that very same bet.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    As long as you're helping him NOT mention food, and not trying to trip him up! Longer without food, more $$ for Dream Team.

Great idea! I'm in for matching this! I found 50 cents in the couch, so the first 30 seconds is covered.
    I would NEVER try to mess him up. Unless of course someone made a sizable donation for me to mess him up.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    ya gotta remember who edits these shows

Hi and welcome to show # 109 I'm Lou and today's show will be about (silence) and my many thoughts about having a nice big (silence) in frontierland where they are better than anywhere else.
    Last edited by tiggerguy; 02-24-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    ya gotta remember who edits these shows

Hi and welcome to show # 109 I'm Lou and today's show will be about (silence) and my many thoughts about having a nice big (silence) in frontierland where they are better than anywhere else.
    LOL!!

On that note, I will be totally impartial (yeah, right!) and edit the special edition of the WDW Radio Show.

I can hear it now...

Hello (food) and welcome to the (food) Radio show... I'm your host (food) Mongello...

I think this is how it should go. For every minute Lou avoids mentioning food of any sort, Lori donates $1. Each time Lou MENTIONS food, Lou donates $1. Once Lou mentions food, the minute clock resets. If Lori mentions food, that doesn't count (since she's trying to goad Lou into talking about food).

Now here's where the rest of us come in. Which side will you match? Lou? or Lori?

Let the battle of wits commence.

It can be a diffferent monetary increment, if $1 doesn't suit. (i.e. a quarter, 50-cents, whatever)
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Sounds like fun to me! Bring on the popcorn!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast