Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss What would you like to see in the Virgin Megastore space when it closes? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I would like to see a Rite Aid or Walgreens Superstore,Walt Disney World could use a drugstore....
    CMulcahy is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What would you like to see in the Virgin Megastore space when it closes?

I would like to see a Rite Aid or Walgreens Superstore,Walt Disney World could use a drugstore.

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Now that Pleasure Island is closed, it might be nice if they threw in a dance club type place.

Asides from Atlantic Dance Hall & Jellyrolls, which are nice but tough to get to from other resorts if you don't have a car, there isn't anything like that any more.

I also like the idea of re-opening the Adventurers' Club.
    Zima-Cheryl

CAJUNWDWFAN is offline A-Ticket holder

Lazer tag!!!
    Disney Trips:
    Beach Club Resort Nov. 29th-Dec.6th, 2009
    Polynesian Resort April-2009 (Honeymoon!)
    Coronado Springs May-2003, Nov.-2006, June-2008
    Port Orleans Riverside October-2007
    Wilderness Lodge December-2005
    Port Orleans 1994
    Numerous trips as a kid to (Contemporary/Polynesian) (1977, 1978, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1987)

pdrph is offline A-Ticket holder

What about a "Hard Rock Cafe".

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!

Im really sad about this store closing. I bought the first edition of WDW trivia in this store and signed up to the website as soon as I got home

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Maybe this is a stupid idea, and I'm not even sure if they'd have the room to do this - but what about an arena that does Disney on Ice and maybe some other ice shows? They'd only need seating for a couple hundred people and a small ice rink. It may work, and it'd offer a pretty cool entertainment venue.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

I've been wanting a theatre for a long time in Downtown Disney that could host a variety of shows, but most likely the Disney Broadway and non-Broadway productions plus their respective tours. I think On The Record would have been an good fit for this.

I'm not much of a Cirque fan, so the appeal of La Nouba is not appreciated by me.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

bsilversunshine is offline E-Ticket Holder

How about a Barns and Noble and a Gamestop? Since they are owned by the same company it would work out well, and i would also get my discount while i'm vacationing (proud gamestop employee)

Gator Chris is offline A-Ticket holder

Another experience in the *style* of the Adventurer's Club, but with new characters and back story, that also incorporates some of the "lessons learned" from the A.C. (e.g make sure to include the restaurant).

Perhaps it could offer some sort of two-tiered experience that would give first-timers a less daunting way to see the show and learn what it's all about?

Illinibee is offline B-Ticket Holder

I know there has been rumors of this being located somewhere else on property, but what about a big Apple Store.
    92 - Off Property
    94 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    96 - Polynesian
    98 - Wilderness Lodge
    00 - Wilderness Lodge
    02 - Grand Floridian
    03 - Animal Kindgom Lodge
    04 - Pop Century
    05 - Wilderness Lodge
    06 - Port Orleans Riverside
    07 - Polynesian
    09 - Saratoga Springs/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
    11 - Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    11 - Beach Club
    11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
    12 - Old Key West
    12 - TBD (Honeymoon Trip!)

dan864 is offline A-Ticket holder

I would use the mega store building for,A new 3D Imax Screen or screens,And show all of the Cirque Du Soleil shows from around the world,
    Also show Disney 3D movies.

Jabbawockee is offline A-Ticket holder

Realistically, I see a Borders or Barnes & Noble open there. I know a book store isn't as exciting as all your other great ideas but it'd be nice to still have a venue for book signings and free in-store performances just like how Virgin Megastore had. Plus it'd be interesting to see if all the Universal Studios travel books to be mysteriously "out of stock".

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

A club/store for D23 members!

jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang, sad to hear it's closing.... My dad and I would always spend at least a good hour just looking around in there. It's actually one of my favorite stores down at Disney, just due to the memories. I've gotten so many good reads and games there. Well, not alot, but a few excellent ones, lol, like the David Koenig Mousetales books (excellent books fyi, like Lou's books, except instead of trivia, it's behind the scenes stories at Disneyland that reveal the more realistic side of the world) and my beloved Kingdom Hearts games. Oh well, get to visit one last time in a week.

Now, what i personally think would be awesome there would be to kinda split the building in two. One part would be a "House of Mouse" meal place, cause i thought i heard about that once. And then the other half would be a Disney media collectible shop. It would have Disney books, dvds, cds, and vhs tapes. What Disney would do with it would be just take out some stuff that isn't made anymore and remake it (e.g. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories). It would just kinda be a way to let the Virgin Megastore not be forgotten, while having Disney only merchandise.
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12