Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss What would you like to see in the Virgin Megastore space when it closes? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; The Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney is set to close on May 31, 2009. What would YOU like to see in this (large) piece of prime real estate in Downtown ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

What would you like to see in the Virgin Megastore space when it closes?

The Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney is set to close on May 31, 2009.

What would YOU like to see in this (large) piece of prime real estate in Downtown Disney's West Side? Post your thoughts here...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    I would like to see a scrapbooking store or another music store.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Muppet store with a build your own Muppet station like FAO or a Pixar store.

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Id like to see a store that sells Disney branded outdoor gear, Tents, boots, bikes, climbing gear, Kayaks. Can you imagine Mickey Camo? Donald Duck Decoys?
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

brentbrit is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I love the Muppet Store idea. Then again I love the Muppets period...

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    First of all, the loss of the Virgin Megastore is super sad in my opinion. I think it added so much to the ambience of West Side. If I had my way, I'd love to see another store come in that music/media related. But as I'm sure that's too good to be true, I wouldn't mind seeing a Disney "Bass Pro" like Bryan above me mentioned. Could be really fun.
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

lazycanine is offline A-Ticket holder
    completely agree... it got hit hard by the economy, what a shame

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder
    How about a massive ice cream parlor?

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like the scrapbook store idea, as well as the Muppet idea. I would love to see a bookstore with regular book signings with big authors (like Lou).
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Wow, you just made my day. I LOVE that idea!! I hope you're reading this, Disney!!!
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'd like to see a store with a multitude of crafting opportunities; building Muppet's, paper crafting, decorating non-clothing items, build your own Cd's, large Disney book and DVD area, and maybe a soda shop area with soft drinks and designer coffee.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

RoadTrip9 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What would you like to see in the Virgin Megastore space when it closes?

Firstly let me say that I loved Virgin Megastore and will lament it's loss. The UK Virgin Megastores were sold off by Richard Branson's group about 18 month's ago - they formed "Zavvi" from a management buyout which has since gone into Administration
    So, I had hoped the writing wasn't on the wall for Westside store, but I guess it was.

I used to love the experience of picking up a couple of books I was interested in buying, and enjoying a Coffee and some Cake on the balcony overlooking Bongo's and the lake beyond whilst I flick through them.
    For that reason I would love to see a large bookstore go in there - I can live without the CD's etc downstairs - I did love the Classical section at the rear of the store with it's Glass doors and Leather benches, but realisticly, in todays iTunes age I think anybody would be crazy to put another big CD store in there.

OK, can we have a large bookstore that sells Classical CD's too?
    Dez
    Lincolnshire, UK
    www.dereksmithmedia.com

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder

A new and improved, and much larger, Adventurer's Club
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Mongello-Adventure Club

chefconti@yahoo is offline A-Ticket holder

I would love to see a huge ESPNZone. I like the one at the Boardwalk, but when there was talk of putting a huge, sort of flagship, one where Disney Quest is, that really sounded awesome to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast