Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #109 - Mar. 8, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #109 for the week of March 8, 2009. I am your host ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #109 - Mar. 8, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #109 for the week of March 8, 2009. I am your host Lou Mongello, bringing you the very best ways to enjoy and enhance your Walt Disney World vacation experience in a fun, family-friendly weekly show.

We’ll start off this week’s show with news from Walt Disney World, including dates for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, changes coming to Downtown Disney, and opinion questions for you the listener.

I often try and cover topics on the show which are meant to not only inform, educate and entertain you, but really try and help you get the most out of your Walt Disney World vacation, whether you travel alone, as a couple, with friends or family. This week, I am joined by Chuck Lionberger, as we want to explore Disney pin trading, not as the phenomenon that it is but as something you can do with your family, and the experience before, during and even after your trip to Walt Disney Word.

Another way I really enjoy helping with your vacation planning experience is by directly answering your emails, and this week, Beci Mahnken joins me once again to talk about everything from taking babies to the parks, thrill rides that aren’t a literal pain in the neck, the Premium Pass, Disney books, theme park music, and many more topics.

I’ll announce the winner and answers to last week’s Walt Disney World Trivia Contest, and test you with more questions and a different type of bonus challenge as well.

Stay tuned to the end of the show for some more announcements as well as some of your wonderful voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mary jo is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou,
    I just heard my kids on the show during the call-in portion and they are going to be so excited!!! They are currently in bed, but they'll have to listen as soon as they get up tomorrow. Hope you like your new nickname (at least at this house)...
    MOO MONJELLY-I-O.
    Take care.
    Mary Jo Collins
    Mary Jo
    Listen for Storytime with MoJo

Tigger0503 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hi Lou - Thanks for answering my question on the air - and for pronouncing my name right (bonus!) Loved the pintrading piece - we trade for fun as a family too - thought my little one wouldn't want to give up pins when we first started her- (she was 4) - but she's a pro - she even knows to watch for the green lanyards. We only trade with CM's too - no worries about rejection that way!
    - Shevan - Mom of 3 - Life long Disney fan
    "Walt Disney World -Been there, Done that, Going Back..Again and Again and Again."

"Decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore. I’m a Tigger!"- Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture KEEP MOVING FORWARD

clion is offline Fastpass Holder
    Lou,

Thanks, once again, for the opportunity to talk with you about WDW. It's always a big thrill to be on the show. Hope to talk to you again!

Chuck
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Great show again, Lou!

I must say that I was like you about pin trading - I always said I wouldn't get involved. However, it does sound pretty fun after hearing you talk about it. I'm thinking about getting involved.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

spenglaw is offline A-Ticket holder

Boardwalk

Lou: I just listened to the podcast in my car (not finished yet) and heard you tell Beki Mahnkin that if Disney had a Jersey resort, you'd probably avoid it. Can't let that one pass. What about Boardwalk, themed after Atlantic City, although I must admit that as a regular to Wildwood for decades, and occasionally to Atlantic City, Disney's Boardwalk is not sufficiently honky tonk and is way too litter free. I love your show and never miss it, but I just had to call you out on this one.

Dan

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hi Dan

Thanks for listening and posting. I thought of that as well, as we already have an Atlantic City-like boardwalk at the... well... Boardwalk Resort... So I was thinking (and joking of course) about other Jersey-like resorts.

I (again, kidding), couldn't picture myself at Disney's Secaucus Resort, with choice of views being the Meadowlands, the landfill, or Rt. 3

Did I mention that I was just having fun?

P.S. Just saw that you called Disney's Boardwalk too litter-free.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #109 - Mar. 8, 2009

I'm halfway this weeks show & its great as usual!

I've 'resisted' pin-trading for ten years, but after listening to the segment i might have to start trading!
    i have a lanyard & 2 pins that my sister gave me, she got them during the Year of a Million Dreams - so I guess it's a start!

i think the UK disney stores have started to sell pins too now

Emma

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Loved the show, as always! On our last trip to Disney in January, my sister got into pin-trading, but I didn't want to spend my money on what I thought were useless. Maybe on our next trip I'll start getting into the madness!
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Welcome to the WDWRadio boards Lover_of_Disney!!
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show Lou! Your conversation on the family approach to pin trading with Chuck Lionberger was great to hear. I can definitely relate to that, as I'm a very casual pin person. I wear my lanyard around the parks, but I don't trade and I only buy pins I want. So in no way am I really hardcore into the pin trading, but this was very enjoyable to listen to! Good job to you and Beci Mahnken on the emails as well, and congratulations to the contest winner! Great job Lou, keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!