Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #110 - March 15, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; thanks for the information! I wasn't sure about the TOT race either.Good luck on your first half marathon....
    Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #110 - March 15, 2009

thanks for the information!

I wasn't sure about the TOT race either.Good luck on your first half marathon.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder

I really enjoyed this week's show Lou, particularly the D23 discussion. It was good to hear a more balanced view on the subject which wasn't as negative as most fan sites have been so far!

I am definitely tempted by joining the club, will probably wait til my birthday tho.

I liked the point made about feeling a sense of belonging, if you saw someone else with a D23 shirt on in the parks.. I get a similar feeling when I see another car with a mickey aerial-topper - and we both know that we've been to wdw/dl/dlp!

Emma

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

I'm wondering if anyone else noticed the First Day Mickey Mouse D23 t-shirt? It's not a first day pin, but it's close. I'm teetering on the edge of dropping the money for a membership and maybe a charter member pin. Doesn't a charter pin come with it, can't remember?

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

You can get the D23 magazine in the local-mall Disney Stores - saw it on the cash register counters there this week.

Nolan, no, a pin was not included in the membership. Unless that turns out to be the "Surprise Collectable Gift," but interviews elsewhere say that the gift is not a pin.

Here's the full list of membership benefits, taken from DisneyShopping:
    • A one-year D23 Charter Membership* includes:
    • Disney ''twenty-three'' Quarterly Publication: A one-year subscription (four issues) to D23's exquisite collectible magazine, filled with stunning photography, dazzling illustrations and the ultimate Disney insider perspective. It's your all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney's past, present and future!
    • Membership Card and Certificate: Your membership card and personalized, suitable-for-framing charter member certificate feature many of Disney's most beloved characters drawn by Disney Master Artist David Pacheco.
    • Surprise Collectible Gift: A collectible just for D23 members. You'll receive a gift you'll cherish from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection.
    • Exclusive Special Events and Merchandise: D23 offers its members unique special-event opportunities throughout the year, as well as access to exclusive, limited-edition merchandise and collectibles.
    • D23 Expo: It's the ultimate Disney fan experience, taking place in Anaheim, California from September 10-13, 2009. This can't-miss event will feature guest speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and so much more! Admission will be discounted for D23 members.
    • Subscription to bi-weekly D23 FanFare e-newsletter with breaking news and special offers. (You may opt out of receiving FanFare after your first e-newsletter arrives.)
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

The gift will not be a pin. That was confirmed in the news conference referenced in the show.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Quote Originally Posted by BWDave View Post
    $75 for what? D23 is an insult to all of us loyal fans.
    Plenty of sizzle and NO steak. Save you money, check out the magazines at B&N and support the Free fan sites.

Dave
    I disagree, though I do hope that they annonce some expanded benifits of membership in the club like discounts along the lines of the ones the Macic Kingdom Club used to offer.
    I really hope it is successful, and don't think the price point is out of line.
    At $75 a head it may not take that many fans to make it profitable, so those folks that will renew automatically, almost no matter what it turns out to be like, may make it profitable on their own. My guess is with all the money I spend on fanzines each year another $75 bucks ain't that much, Tales from the Laughing Place alone is $36 a year. Then there's Celebrations Magazine, Orlando Attractions magazine, and up until this past year there was also "The E Ticket", so an official zine is just to good to pass up. I do notice that the design sensibilities of this magazine seem to draw from some of the same influences that the folks who do Tales from the Laughing Place has, I don't think they were copying them in any way but it is an interesting parallel.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

I've had some time to digest D23, and for me it's gone from being a moderate disappointment to basically a non-issue. I don't feel I need to pony up the $75 for what they give now. If the magazine is worth it, I'll buy it off the used market for a discount, and everything else D23 provides (for now) is worthless to me. If the D23 discount makes membership worth it, then maybe, but I can't afford to fly out to Anaheim for the Expo anyway.

As the sole grown-up pusher of Disney vacations, it has been hard enough to convince my wife to go to WDW/Disneyland before. Nowadays, it's even harder to justify the expense. $75 on this just doesn't seem worthwhile this day and age.

But, as opposed to some others on the Disney online community, I'm not insulted, outraged, or lighting the torches for the lynch mob. For some, this does work and is exciting. Not enough for me.

But I'll keep my eye on it.

MARTYMOWSE is offline A-Ticket holder

Ease up on the trivia questions! Your taking the fun out of it by making hard to find.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Very interesting show this week, Lou! It's a big time for the company right now, as the D23 promotion has now been revealed. Your in-depth roundtable with Ryan Wilson and Chuck Lionberger on it was definitely a very good listen. Personally, I'm not very sold yet on D23, but you made some interesting points. We'll have to see how it develops as it gets further on. Congratulations to the contest winner! Great show Lou; keep up the great work, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Last edited by Spyne; 04-10-2009 at 01:12 AM.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12