Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #111 - Mar 22, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello my friends and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #111 for the week of March 22, 2009. I am ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #111 - Mar 22, 2009

Hello my friends and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. This is show #111 for the week of March 22, 2009. I am your host Lou Mongello, and I want to thank you for tuning in again this week.

This week, we’re going to take a ride in my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine and look at Disney’s Polynesian Resort through the years, and into the future. Steve Seifert and I will turn back the clock to a time before Walt Disney World was even a vision in Walt’s mind, and look at how his personal interests influenced what would become the model for themed resorts that would follow. We’ll look at the Polynesian Village through the years and explore some of its additions, changes and lost experiences. We’ll also talk about the resort today, and speculate as to what the future may hold.

Stay tuned to the end of the show for some more announcements as well as some of your wonderful voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #111 - Mar 22, 2009

Loved the show Lou! It was really cool to hear about the hotel that we will be staying at in 32 days! I remember going to the luau in 1983 and throwing black olives on the floor. It was a great resort then and it still is. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by dsnyqwn1; 03-23-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Very interesting show. Always fun to jump aboard the Wayback Machine!

P.S. - Have any Fact or Fiction segments planned for the future? I miss hearing those! Maybe a Cody vs. Jeff shootout
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

toad is offline A-Ticket holder

Another GREAT SHOW Lou,

My wife and I stated at the Polynesian on our Honeymoon. One of our great memories was the building we stayed in. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it, but it was a three minute walk to the ticket and transportation center. We could be on the bus or monorail in five minutes it was great!

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Awesome show!! Gosh... another show under an hour :o lol, Keep up the great work!!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

The Polynesian is my favorite non-DVC resort....thanks for taking us along on a trip on the Wayback Machine.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Good show this week, Lou! Your new Wayback Machine discussion on Disney's Polynesian Resort with Steve Seifert was very interesting to hear. I always thought the resort was one of the more picturesque, and this segment definitely expressed that. It was a great listen. Great show Lou, keep it up!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!