Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #113 - April 5, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello my friends and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and this is show #113 for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #113 - April 5, 2009

Hello my friends and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host Lou Mongello, and this is show #113 for the week of April 5, 2009. Thank you for tuning in again this week.

This week’s show will be the last one I am broadcasting from the WDW Radio headquarters in Scotch Plains, NJ – I’m taking the show on the road to sunny skies and warmer climates in Florida, but this week, I have something that I think you’ll enjoy.

This weeks we’re going to don our explorer’s hat and magnifying glass and do another DSI: Disney Scene Investigation of one of EPCOT Center’s original and most important pavilions - The Land. We’ll explore
    Its beginnings, history and changes through the years, as well as its signature attractions.

I’ll play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show by using the contact form or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #113 - April 5, 2009

Great! Now I'm hungry to go eat at The Land! Cassidy was a Jr. Chef once. It was really cute.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

a bit off from what the show was about this week, but ironic in some ways. Nintendo is releasing their new DS soon, with the name DSi. Would Lou have grounds for action since he uses the DSI name on the show? I'd rather go on a DSI than play a DSi. Like I said, a bit off from this weeks show yet a bit ironic given the topic of the show this week.

SplashMtnBoy is offline A-Ticket holder

While Soarin' is a great attraction, it has definitely shifted the flow of Guests within the building. The original design was that you entered and headed to your right and watched Symbiosis/Circle of Life. After you exit that (either upstairs or downstairs) you would head to the Boat Ride. After the Boat Ride, you would watch Kitchen Caberet/Food Rocks, since the Boat's exit was near the show entrance. After Food Rocks, you grab a bite to eat before heading upstairs to exit.
    Now with Soarin', everyone comes in the building and heads left and creates a bottle neck at the up escalator as people are trying to go down the up staircase. The entire right side of the building is ignored.
    On busy days, a one way traffic pattern is setup to force people to go down/up the proper way. People get upset that they can't go straight to Soarin, but it really is for their benefit.
    -Joe M

Red Helicopter is offline C-Ticket Holder

Another great podcast!

I love the Land pavilion! I remember 2 things from my first visit to Epcot in the early 80's... 1.) the dinosaurs in Energy, and 2.) the revolving restaurant in the Land. I thought that was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

I've always wanted to go on the Behind the Seeds tour... after listening to episode #113, I'm definitely doing it next trip.

Thanks for another awesome episode, Lou! Have a safe move!
    The Red Helicopter
    . . . Always hangin' out around Epcot!

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

I love The Land pavillion also. I really liked the short time that they had a passholder VIP lounge open. We took the elevator near the restrooms up to the lounge. They had couches, sodas, and board games. Wish they still had it open to us

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Great job Lou, to mark off your final show from Scotch Plains, NJ! (I wish you the best of luck with the move, by the way!) Your new DSI: Disney Scene Investigation on Epcot's The Land with Ryan Wilson I enjoyed very much. I remember when I visited The Land back in September, and I really did concentrate on the details. It was amazing to see these details! Great job Lou; keep up the great work, and good luck with the big move!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

I was able to download this episode of the podcast on iTunes as usual, but for some reason, it wouldn't transfer to my iPod. I tried several times.

It's never been a problem before. Did anyone else experience this?