Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #115 - April 19, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; On one of our trips a few years ago we ran into a rain event that was forecasted to last all day. Since it was the last day of our ...
    disneyscrapper is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #115 - April 19, 2009

On one of our trips a few years ago we ran into a rain event that was forecasted to last all day. Since it was the last day of our trip we headed out to the Magic Kingdom anyway determined not to let the rain stop us. We got there as the park opened and the park was pretty much deserted. To my boys' delight we got to ride Buzz Lightyear 5 times in a row with no wait. The coolest thing of all was when we crossed over the hub going to Adventureland. We looked back down Main Street and it was completely empty. I kick myself now for not stopping to get a picture of the empty street although I do have a picture of the hubby and kids in front of the Castle with no one else around. We pretty much got to walk right on to every ride we wanted to do and by the time the crowds started to show up we were just about ready to leave. Definitely no regrets about being at the park in the rain.

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

Good show as usual, but, IMO, the food references continue to get more and more annoying and tend to take away from the enjoyment of the show and stray away from the main subject at hand.

Please give it a rest, Lou.

Also, on the "Top 10", you forgot about the various theater show attractions in the Magic Kingdom (Tiki Room, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, etc.) are great places in the parks to go when it rains to get out of the elements.
    Last edited by KINGCRAB; 05-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

I certainly respect KINGCRAB's feelings, though I don't agree. I usually plan out my dining before I make a final decision on the hotel!

Please keep things interesting for us foodies; there's so much great content on your shows and video podcasts that everyone's needs are met. (Hey! That's a good place to turn . . . I don't recall a lot of food focus on the video diaries.)
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by T Morrows Child View Post
    Please keep things interesting for us foodies...
    I never said that he should stop it altogether. He just needs to stop being and sounding so annoying and obsessive with the constant distractive food references.

P.S.: One of the Voicemails at the end of this episode had a dirty word in it and Lou needs to bleep it out fast in order to keep the show squeaky-clean and family-friendly.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

I had to laugh...we had a trip where it literally rained every day, non stop for a week. My brother ran around what was then MGM splashing in puddles and said to us "I didn't know MGM was a water park!"

And here's what we did: we watched all the movies around the World Showcase and talked to all the CMs who worked at them. We have the funniest pictures of us in France completely soaked from our knees down (where the ponchos don't reach!) waiting for the movie to begin!! I have great memories from that trip. Never EVER let the rain stop you!!

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show, Lou! The Top 10 with Tim Foster on what to do when it rains, I completely agree on. I think staying in the parks and grazing around during the rain is a unique experience to do. All points brought up by yourself and Tim I completely agreed on. Your conversation with Brian Blackmore was very interesting to listen to, listening to these incredible stories he's had in his life were amazing. What amazing opportunities and life experiences he has had. Once again, great job Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12