Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #115 - April 19, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello my friends and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #115 for the ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #115 - April 19, 2009

Hello my friends and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #115 for the week of April 19, 2009. Thank you for tuning in again this week for some fun, family-friendly Disney magic.

April showers may bring May flowers, and they also affect the vacations of Guests visiting Walt Disney World. And while many people look at the rain as something that will keep them stuck in their rooms, I look at it as a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the resorts and the parks, and maybe even a way to experience something that they never have before. This week, we’ll look at the Top Ten Things to Do In Walt Disney World when it Rains.

I believe that each day, we are all motivated by our dreams, both big and small. For many people, dreaming to be a part of the magic that they enjoy today or even experienced and impacted them as a child fuels their passion. And for many people, that dream has or will come true. And for one of Disney’s most talented character artists, he believed in and followed his dream, and now he’s making magic for us as Guests. So I want to introduce you to Brian Blackmore, Character Artist for the Disney Design Group. He not only recounts his personal journey from childhood watching Uncle Walt, to working for the company he loves so much, to sharing advice and practical tips on how to possibly follow your own dream, and even work in a place that truly creates magic for others.

I’ll have another Walt Disney World Trivia Contest this week, where I’ll test your knowledge of a classic Walt Disney World attraction… or two, before playing some of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tramp&thelady is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #115 - April 19, 2009

For some reason, the show isn't available for download from Zune marketplace. I've never seen this happen before. It's available on Itunes. But, not Zune which is where I store my podcasts.

It's working now. Thanks Lou!
    Last edited by tramp&thelady; 04-19-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Tigger0503 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hey Lou - another great show - and there is a rainfall effect onstage in Voyage to Little Mermaid - it's like a curtain of water - so you weren't crazy when you mentioned it.
    - Shevan - Mom of 3 - Life long Disney fan
    "Walt Disney World -Been there, Done that, Going Back..Again and Again and Again."

"Decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore. I’m a Tigger!"- Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture KEEP MOVING FORWARD

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Another great Top 10 - these make for some of the best daydreaming when they come out.

My wife is always checking and re-checking forecasts, but we always have some of our most fun times when it rains in the parks.

I have warm memories of standing in the entrance of Mouse Gears while the fountain show is going on, despite the rain! Epcot is our favorite rainy day park.
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

Lou you pick the perfect time for Top 10 things to do in the rain for us stuck in the Ohio, it has been raining all day

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

sparkless is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #115 - April 19, 2009

Lou, I just wanted to tell you thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us Disney geeks some great and info and some good entertainment! I look forward to your shows every week! I hope to shake your hand some day. Keep up the good work! Thanks Lou
    Terri

Next Trip Sept 28-Oct 5 (PS thinking about adding a day or two?) I added two days ! Yeah

D23 member

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Great show Lou! I turned on my ipod and listened to your top 10 while staring out at the rain falling here in Ontario, Canada. It made me wish I was in WDW staring out at the rain! Wonderful interview with Brian as well. It's nice to know dreams really do come true when "passion makes it happen".

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

black562 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello Lou, this is my first post and I just had to comment on your top ten things to do in the rain. In September, 2008, we were at the Halloween Party when it came a downpour. The rain had set in and didn't show any sign of slowing up...everyone was hunkered down inside stores.

We decided not to let it ruin our night and just stepped out into the rain, walking right down the center of the streets without a care in the world. We were immediately soaked, and after that, didn't really care (you can't get any wetter). We rode a ton of rides and had a blast splashing around the streets of the Magic Kingdom...its one of the best times I've ever had.

I just wanted to share my story as your podcast brought back that memory vividly.

Cheers,
    Joe Black

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

Lou, you are awesome, the whole episode was great as usual, but your "Voice Mail" to Josh at the end, was PERFECT, I laughed and smiled, and just had to comment. You rock buddy!

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Yay! I absolutely LOVE the top 10s. You and Tim Foster make a perfect podcasting duo.

I loved hearing Brian's story - especially how his story was a unique one. Those are my favorite stories. They're incredibly interesting and inspiring.
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Another 'Top Ten thing to do in the rain' ..

well, this is just after the rain (!) .. Lou you made me think of this when you mentioned about the Boardwalk during the rain..

I stayed at the BW in sept 2006, and there was a 30-40min rain shower almost every day at about 4pm..

now this might make me sound like I have a really awful sense of humour.. but we would often sit on the BW after dinner with a glass of wine or an icecream ... and I would try my very hardest not to laugh out loud when people walked by and were accidentally slipping & sliding all over the wet wooden boards!!!

really great show, again this week, just downloading the Daily video Diary too!

Barbie

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna

What about the rain effect in the Tiki Room? Oddly, one of my favorite effects is the way the sidewalks in the Polynesian look just after a shower. Its weird, but I love the way it looks.
    I do have several memories of being in the parks when it has rained though. The coolest would have to be Grad Night 03. It was a torrential lightening storm. You haven't seen anything cooler than lightning flashing all around you while by the haunted mansion. It was also really cool to see the flashes of lightening around the castle. I can't forget to mention being in the Crystal Palace during a downpour. Sheets of rain beating against the glass while the torches of Adventureland were violently dancing.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

As far as rain in attractions, I was surprised that the Carousel of Progress didn't come up right away. Nothing ruins the clothes on the clothes line like a sudden storm!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

solfan68 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey Lou ! Another fantastic show, as always. Latching onto the burger and fries comment in this show, how about a TOP 10 QUICK SERVICE ALTERNATIVES TO BURGER AND FRIES AT WDW ? I know, its a bit of stretch, being food and all... but, maybe ?

Fortuitous Finds from the Worldwide Web at Geek Acres

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08

dsny4us is offline A-Ticket holder

Great show!! We were at WDW the week after Easter. We had fabulous weather, with the exception of Tuesday. It rained all day!! Did we stay in the room?? No Way!! We went to DHS for the day and had a great time!

Our survival tip: a little extra pre-planning so we could move quickly between attractions, rather than standing in the rain thinking about "what's next".
    Alison
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Disney Fan since 1971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast