Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Daily Diary video from 4/23 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Lou, I cannot believe you and I were at the same Fantasmic, and I missed you! Okay, I can believe it, for it was crazy crowded. I was actually at ...
    VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder

Daily Diary video from 4/23

Lou,

I cannot believe you and I were at the same Fantasmic, and I missed you! Okay, I can believe it, for it was crazy crowded. I was actually at both showings of Fantasmic (not going to reveal here how I pulled that off, but let's just say I did not have much of a choice!), and I was wondering if you were at the 8:30 or the 10pm showing? If it was the 10pm, did you keep track of how many mishaps occured? I stopped counting after 6, but my favorite was when the Ariel and Snow White floats collided!

I hope to be at the meet tomorrow, but I have a birthday party for my niece to attend after church in the morning. If not tomorrow, then I will definately meet you next Sunday.

Pax!
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Daily Diary video from 4/23

The floats collided!?

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I once saw where the flames on the water from the "dragon" did not light up until the steamboat at the end began its trek. Fortunately, they quickly doused them, but it must have been interesting for those on the boat.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

I was at the second show and did notice a couple of technical mishaps. Fortunately, I believe that most Guests don't notice them, or realize something small might be missing, etc. Either way, it's still an amazing show that "gets me" every time!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder

Yes, the floats collided, in a very slow and safe manner. No princess was hurt in the process (I've also seen the canoes crash into each other, but that was a few years ago). I am pretty sure most guests realized something large was missing during the dragon scene! All part of being the theatre; the show must go on! It always gets me, too, especially the first and last times we see Mickey.

Sorry I missed the meet today, but I am looking forward to next weekend!
    Last edited by VonBaroketch; 04-26-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

GrumpyFan is offline A-Ticket holder

From what I've seen/heard, the boats actually "collide" fairly often. It's usually just a tap or bump. I've been to the show several times, and seen it once or twice. As far as technical glitches, the only thing major I've seen is the dragon not working, and just being skipped in the show.

I got to look in the control room once (I'm a techie geek), and noticed they had a Stitch and a Sorcerer Mickey plush on top of the audio mixer. I didn't ask, but I took it to be symbolic of everything that can go wrong being caused by Stitch and then Mickey working his magic to correct it all. Of course, it could've just been that the audio guy liked having those two plush.