Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #119 - May 17, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I had a lot of fun with this week's episode! Like everyone else, I absolutely love the music and WDW, and I think that's one big reason why I love ...
    thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #119 - May 17, 2009

I had a lot of fun with this week's episode! Like everyone else, I absolutely love the music and WDW, and I think that's one big reason why I love the parks so much. There's not a lot of music that gets me as emotionally charged as WDW music.
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Great show so far, i've only listened to half as of this posting. One question though. Where's the answers to listener emails been? They used to be at te beginning of the show but I haven't heard them for a few weeks.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

maxg is offline A-Ticket holder

I've been a bit undecided about whether to join D23. Living outside of the US I've been waiting to see what, if any, benefits would be available to me.

Lou, thanks so much for highlighting the latest information on this. Sadly, though understandably, I think it has confirmed for me that it's a bit US centric.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this? Would you still join if you were not in the US?
    Last edited by maxg; 05-23-2009 at 09:28 PM.

8lovesmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

Great show, Lou - even though it was more like a top 50

For me there is nothing that conjures up memories of the park like the music. My all time favorites are the Main Street Electrical Parade, Fantasmic (DLR), and Wishes, even though none of those are technically attractions.

My favorite attraction is Splash Mountain, and it's not a coincidence that that's also my favorite attraction music. I'm not sure if the ride is great because of the music or the music is great because of the ride, but I'm guessing it's the combination that says "...say goodbye to me; down at the laughin' place is where I'll be!"

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I was getting very scared when you didn't bring up Fantasmic at all... then you finally brought it up. Feeling bad for the studios, I think Fantasimic should be included. Also, if you want to get into disneyland music, try the golden dream-like quality of "Just One Dream", the high energy theme park music from California Screamin, and the theme park themes from disney's california adventure. also... check out Disneyland's Fireworks shows.
    The Golden age never was the present age but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great job on the survey of music. However, there were 2 songs that would have made my Top 10 that weren't mentioned by you two:

Energy (You Make the World go Round)
    Makin' Memories

Was it because they were pre-show themes?

In addition:
    Lou, I happen to be more partial to "We Are Here to Change the World" over "Another Part of Me" from Captain EO.

I noticed you specified the original O, Canada. Does that mean you dislike the new version?

I am 100% a "Now Is the Time" guy.

ms_minnie is offline A-Ticket holder

Loved the top 10! I would have included Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah and Makin' Memories, but big thumbs up for the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit mention!

Disney Bride to the Wonderful Soarin' Puddy

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Really enjoyable show this week, Lou! The Top 10 on attraction theme songs with Tim Foster I enjoyed so very much. It's not surprising you ended up going park by park, just because there are so many memorable themes over all four parks. I can imagine how hard it must have been to narrow down to ten. But the ten you chose I definitely agree with! The trivia contest prizes to The Lion King and The Little Mermaid Broadway shows are awesome, good luck to all who enter for them! Keep up the great work, Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12