Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #120 - May 24, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #120 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #120 - May 24, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #120 for the week of May 20, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again

This weekend marks the of four consecutive Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and I was in the parks all weekend to cover the events. With a celebration of all things Star Wars that includes special events, performances and presentations for fans young and old, there were also celebrity appearances, character encounters throughout the park, special merchandise and more. Glenn Whelan joins me live from the park to discuss and review the weekend’s events, and ways that you and your family can get the most out of Star Wars Weekends.

I’ll announce the winners of my last Walt Disney World Trivia Contest, and who gets to go see either The Little Mermaid or the Lion King on Broadway.

I’ll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

thegoz85 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #120 - May 24, 2009

Listening now. Thanks, Lou!
    "Every sunset leads to morning, with the promise of opportunity."
    ~Promise

Love Disney? Interested in technology? Read DisTECH! Click the logo to check it out:

Also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

*Edit- I just realized I was listening to an old show woops... - anyway- it still applies!*

Lou-
    I am listening to the show now and just want to thank you and Brian so much! I'm getting ready to leave to audition for WDW as a character performer for the 3rd time... I have passed the audition the past 2 times but there hasn't been any space open for me. This has been my lifelong dream, and the word that was used so many times in the interview, my passion. Even though I have been so excited to go audition again- it's been really tough believing that it's worth it to keep trying. The interview with Brian really reminded me why I want this so badly and reassured my faith in myself and my passion. Timing is everything- and you cannot imagine how perfectly timed this interview was for me! I hope I can get to the meet on the 6th to thank you in person- and hopefully I can find Brian in the parks to thank him face to face. Love the show and thanks for all you do!
    Last edited by bellaDisneydncr; 05-25-2009 at 01:12 AM.
    Are You 23? I am! Future WDW Entertainment CM

Look.Read.Watch. Tweet.Ask.Creep.

wdwmike1988 is offline A-Ticket holder

Great show so far Lou... bummed I didn't win the Lion King tickets but I guess there's always next time. I screwed up on one of the 3D movies but everything else was right. Can't wait to come back to FL for school and to see you again in August for that meet of the month.
    "If we can dream it... We can do it."

Spring 2010 CP Graduate and current CM!

Jennings is offline B-Ticket Holder

Great Show, Lou! I agree, the Storm Troopers really do steal the show.
    ~Jennings~
    ~Proud D23 Member~
    ~22 WDW Trips and Counting~

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Listening to the podcast today - I had the idea... how cool would it be if Disney offered adult show options, even just once a day.

Personally I'd be all over a chance to do the Pirate Tutorial! And it sounds like Lou would be first in line for the Jedi Training.

Seriously I know it is "all about the kids" but after all, don't we grown ups deserve a chance to cut loose once in a while?!? I'm not asking for much - just one show a day.
    Zima-Cheryl

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Really great show, Lou! Your conversation about Star Wars Weekends with Glenn Whelan was very enjoyable. I'm a Star Wars fan myself, and I really need to get down for Star Wars Weekends one of these years. In any case, it definitely sounds like a lot of fun! Congratulations to the contest winners of those awesome Broadway tickets! Great show Lou; keep it up, and I hope you had a Happy Memorial Day!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!