Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #123 - June 14, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #123 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #123 - June 14, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #123 for the week of June 14, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again

We’ll start off this week’s show with a trip to the Walt Disney World rumor mill, as I’ll touch on a few interesting rumors about what maybe coming, and what may be going to and from the parks, as well as some news from Walt Disney World about a new service, Passholder preview and a special offer.

It’s time to answer your listener emails again this week, as the inbox is getting full. Beci Mahnken joins me to tackle questions about everything from our recommended Moderate Resorts to things to do at night, character connections at the parks and resorts, and of course… dining.

I always try to stress and show you that everything you see and experience in Walt Disney World is about story, and that holds true for one of the most unique restaurants on property. Today she is known as Fulton’s Crab House, but Jim Korkis is going to join me again this week on a DSI: Disney Scene Investigation, as we take a very detailed look at not her menu, but the history and story behind what she will always fondly be known as for many – The Empress Lily.

I’ll announce the winner of last week’s Walt Disney World audio trivia contest before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #123 - June 14, 2009

Woo hoo like to listen to show while a work!!! Makes mondays more enjoyable

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show this week, Lou! Good job to you and Beci Mahnken with the emails, as always. The new DSI: Disney Scene Investigation on The Empress Lily / Fulton's Crab House with Jim Korkis was very interesting to listen to. After passing through the Marketplace and seeing Fulton's Crab House there, I never imagined it would have as deep of a back story as it really does. As always, awesome job and a very good listen. Congratulations to the contest winner as well! As always, great job Lou and keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

WildernessLodge is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #123 - June 14, 2009

Great show Lou! I am a huge fan of your show. Always makes me look forward to Mondays! I have been listing for almost 6 months and I can not wait to visit Disney World again now that I have been listening to your show.

PLEASURE ISLAND – what would I do? I always thought that that area really needs a face lift. I think they should reinvent it. There is some amazing technology that really could make it the best of all. For example 8-Tracks.. It could have been something amazing. I just never felt that PI was up to Disney standards. I would love to see all of the employees in 70’s gear.. Very Austin Power-ish.

I think that it really had a lot going for it. But they needed to figure out the way to make it a place for adults only. (Universal Studios style) I really do not want to see Kids hanging out why adults are drinking. I have the same feel when I go to Las Vegas.

-----------------------
    Lou if you do a character breakfast Q&A I would LOVE to be a part of it! It is my favorite part of the Disney experience.

Jessica Lynn
    WildernessLodge

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

FYI to Beci...Slainté I believe is pronounced "Slaan-cha" or "Slaan-cher" - at least that's the best I can describe it. Some also say "Slayn-cha" or "Sloin-cha".

When describing Irish pronunciation, "like it is spelled" does not apply

EDIT: Whoops...I just relistened - I thought that Beci was using the word for "Health" (often said like "cheers" when drinking). Slán (goodbye) is indeed pronounced as she said...
    Last edited by doconeill; 06-16-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

sparkless is offline A-Ticket holder

The Show was grreat! Thanks For all the time you put on this!
    Terri

Next Trip Sept 28-Oct 5 (PS thinking about adding a day or two?) I added two days ! Yeah

D23 member

Chefmickey is offline A-Ticket holder

As always, Jim Korkis delights us with details. Listening to this guy never gets old(and you too Lou). Great job guys!!!!

DocB is offline B-Ticket Holder

Great show, as always.

Now that Pal Mickey has been discontinued, I think they should make Pal Korkis. It would be great having a version of him to carry around to fill us in on the history and trivia of the parks!! The guy is so great to listen to.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Please keep the Jim Korkis episodes comin'. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that he's awesome.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Great Show Lou! Great D.S.I. keep them coming!

zima-cheryl is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks Lou & Beci!

Lou -- Thanks for getting to my e-mail (and so far in advance of my trip!)

I was thrilled to hear you & Beci say that they will let me ride in the front of the monorail on my birthday! Took 40 years, but I'll finally get a turn!

Thanks for the run down on the free admission. I was very, very nervous about pulling everything together that morning, but from what Beci & you said, as long as we are up & out early and don't lollygag along the way we should be fine for the 8:30 Segway Tour.

And finally, as you mentioned, I am doing something special for DH. One evening I'm taking him to Fuegos for a couple cocktails & cigar of his choice. Being the cigar afficinodo he is, I know he will really enjoy that. Considering everything he's doing for me that weekend, it seemed like the least I could do to thank him.

Many thanks to you & Beci!
    Zima-Cheryl

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Another great show. It's funny . . . I often look at the time right away and say "yeesch . . . 2 hours this week??" Those are always the shows that end too quickly. This was another example!

Did they close the area in the back of the Exposition Hall? There's a great 101 Dalmations scene in the back where you can get in behind the TV screen and snap a shot that looks like you are part of the "action" with all those dalmation puppies watching you.

As I was driving, I was imagining what could be done with PI. (Of course, I already forgot the really cool idea.) Since it's already set up with limited access, it could be a gated event space. If there's enough activity in there, it would be cool (and useful) to have a Skyway going across from Marketplace to the West Side. That way, folks could get to the other side while getting a peek at the cool things they can experience with a ticket to get into the newly themed PI space.

Great show, and it was very cool to learn so much about Empress Lily/Fulton's!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Oh, before I forget . . . Lou! I love the audio clip contests! They are a lot of fun, even if I never get close to submitting an answer.

It made me laugh, too . . . the only 2 I could figure out were #3 - Timekeeper and #4 - Mission to Mars!
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

iluvdisney1 is offline A-Ticket holder

I just discovered your podcast and have become a fan of your show. It's my favorite because of the trivia. Great show this week! I love how you are interviewing people and especially Jim Korkis. Loved the DSI: Disney Scene Investigation on The Empress Lily / Fulton's Crab House with Jim Korkis. I am going to be in Disney World in 18 days and have a dinner planned at Fulton's Crab House, great timing!

iluvdisney1 is offline A-Ticket holder

oops posted again
    Last edited by iluvdisney1; 06-20-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast