Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss What do you think of Disney's new, online dining reservation (ADR) system? in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Today, Disney made their new online Advanced Dining Reservation (ADR) system available to Guests at http://disneyworld.disney. go.com/restaurants/ (simply browse to your dining option and choose "Book a Reservation") Have you ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

What do you think of Disney's new, online dining reservation (ADR) system?

Today, Disney made their new online Advanced Dining Reservation (ADR) system available to Guests at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/ (simply browse to your dining option and choose "Book a Reservation")

Have you tried it as yet?

If so, what do you think?

Can it be improved? If so, how?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disney05 is online now Premium Annual Passholder

Re: What do you think of Disney's new, online dining reservation (ADR) system?

Just tried it. Great idea. I can quickly check to see if something is open. Makes my vacation planning more exciting.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Soupy11 is offline A-Ticket holder

It is way to susceptible to abuse....people can easily hedge their bets and book multiple reservations without much trouble....this is going to be a huge drain on the system and will make getting ADR's harder and harder....they need to use credit card reservation system.

Hmm Soupy, interesting view. Maybe they should have started out by only allowing this to work only if you have a hotel reservation at a Disney resort. Don't know, just a thought. I agree with the CC idea though to hold the reservation. I'm sure we'll see some tweeking to this.
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

I hope so, the battle I just went through to get ADR's for my August trip was exhaustive...I think this will make it tougher. I hope they add a cancellation policy soon. People don't feel obligated to inform WDW Dine that they aren't going to show and it creates problems....

I would just ask for a credit card or reservation number and explain that there is a 24 hour cancellation policy in place. I can see WDW Dine not wanting to penalize non-credit card holders, but in this day and age, a credit card is pretty much a necessity for travelers.

At busy times, these restaurants are turning walk-ups away for these ADR holders, and to think that a good percentage of them are no shows is disheartening. I am sure they are taken into account through the system in place, but this could help streamline things and open up tables for walk-ups, or resort guests who try to make a last minute ADR.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

When I clicked on "Details" in the restaurants that stated make a reservation this is part of what came up:

A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    When I clicked on "Details" in the restaurants that stated make a reservation this is part of what came up:

A cancellation policy applies and may result in charges if you cancel with insufficient notice. Specific policies related to this facility will be detailed at time of reservation booking.
    Certain dinners/shows have a cancellation policy, such as Hoop-De-Do and Cindy's Royal Table...was it one of those that you looked at?

s2brown is offline B-Ticket Holder

The website seems to be down this morning. I cannot access it.

Tiggles is offline A-Ticket holder

I love it ... although I still couldn't get an ADR for Le Cellier!! I like the fact that they check the hours before and after your request and offer alternatives if nothing is available. This adds a whole new dimension to planning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggles View Post
    I love it ... although I still couldn't get an ADR for Le Cellier!! I like the fact that they check the hours before and after your request and offer alternatives if nothing is available. This adds a whole new dimension to planning!!

I have to say the ease of use and its ability to offer alternatives is really nice....

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

I absolutely love it! Last night I quickly hopped online and made my first days ADRs. Mind you all while cooking dinner and helping with homework. My plans are saved with "my vacation" and can be updated as I keep adding ADRs. I also appreciate that they look at times +/- your requested hour. They offer available dining times in restaurants where you can get ADRs at or around your requested time in the given park and area resorts. This is most helpful since my vacation is a little over a month away and choice times and restaurants are limited.
    Still thinking about LeC. Anyone ever have lunch at Le Cellier @ 2pm? Only time available

Quote Originally Posted by DebšošS View Post
    Still thinking about LeC. Anyone ever have lunch at Le Cellier @ 2pm? Only time available
    We just got them for 2:30! Have been trying to eat there for a long time.

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

I asked it to check availability for my family, but it said to enter the age of me, since I'm under 18. It didn't have a place for me to do that, though!

Of course, I looked to see how it worked by just asking for two adults, and not two adults and one child. Hmph.
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I love it!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

MissMonorail71 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question.... What time can I start making ADR's for instance My ADR day is July 6th.....So does that mean I can call at Midnight on July5th or 12:01 July 6th Just want to clarify. We won't be there for free dining so I don't think I will have a big hassle and we are trying some out of ordinary places at least for us...... Only hard one I suspect will be Tusker House Breakfast.

Thanks and Please stand Clear of the Door
    Miss Monorail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast