Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Lou's Move to Florida in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Anyone else interested on a show/segment on Lou's move to Florida? There's got to be a lot of us out there who dream of doing that someday!...
    Poopachino is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou's Move to Florida

Anyone else interested on a show/segment on Lou's move to Florida? There's got to be a lot of us out there who dream of doing that someday!

tchinkle is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Lou's Move to Florida

I agree! I keep hinting to the wife that is where I would like to be in the next few years. I think it would be helpful to those of us that have this dream if Lou could share some of the things he went through so that we can learn from what he did!
    Do you Twitter?

dmandavids is offline A-Ticket holder

I am on board for a segment about Lou's move to Florida.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I am interested, as I am doing the same thing in Aug. I hope it all works out
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

I just moved to Florida.... it wasn't much fun and the drive down was long, boring, and stressful.

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder

I actually did the same thing just over 10 years ago, although not related to Disney in any way. It wasn't until after I got here that I re-discovered the "magic". Anyway, I also would be interested in hearing more about Lou's move. I don't expect that I'd hear very much that isn't familiar to me at this point, but I bet it would trigger a lot of memories from my first year or so down here.

ChrisX is offline B-Ticket Holder

I would love to hear a segment on this or even several recurring segments on this.

I would love to hear about it and also hear about the things that were maybe not as good as expected.

Tizzo, it's interesting to hear you say that you rediscovered the magic, I think one of the biggest negatives I hear about moving there is that being there 365 days a year takes away from the magic. That you loose that special feeling of getting on a plane and heading to Disney.

Either way this would be a great segment.

mickeysgal is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow...I go away for a little while and Lou picks up and moves south. Hey Lou...just because Florida has Walt Disney World...doesn't mean you can pick up and abandon us here in the Northeast! Just joking...It's really the jealousy talking. Hope you had a smooth move down there.
    Traveling to WDW with kids? Visit me at www.strollingtheparks.blogspot.com

dag0620 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Connecticut - Far from Disney - Close to Magic Meets

Is the Northeast really that bad?? I love it here! (I AM LIEING THROUGH MY TEETH)

I would love to do it, but I dont think a 14 year old interviewing him would be good enough.
    -Dave

Summer 04' Beach Club and SOG - Summer 05' SOG and Port Orleans: French Quarter - Summer 06' Boardwalk -
    Summer 09' SOG

DisneyLand Vacations
    Summer 08' Off Property

oakmanner is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm in, this would be an awesome segment!

MrIncredible is offline B-Ticket Holder
    On a grand and miraculous spaceship, sailing through the universe of time...

I agree, would make a great segment. Disney fan first, but a Lou fan as well.

Matt in Indy

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

That would be pretty cool, I'm hoping that one day I can move my family down there too.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Wow... I didn't think anyone would really have any interest in hearing about this at all.

Really???

Hmmm... (wheels spinning).
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisX View Post
    I would love to hear a segment on this or even several recurring segments on this.

I would love to hear about it and also hear about the things that were maybe not as good as expected.

Tizzo, it's interesting to hear you say that you rediscovered the magic, I think one of the biggest negatives I hear about moving there is that being there 365 days a year takes away from the magic. That you loose that special feeling of getting on a plane and heading to Disney.

Either way this would be a great segment.
    Having relocated to Florida a year ago, I can safely say that moving here did NOT dissipate the magic for me. Unlike Lou, however, I live in the Orlando area and can make time for park hopping without much planning. I visited one of the WDW parks 75 times last year plus extra visits for MNSSHP and MVMCP. Love that Fl annual pass! I fully intend to break that record this year. My dh is retired which gives us a few more hours each week to "play". Work would severely impede our trips to WDW. Remember that just because you live in Fl, doesn't mean you'll be at Disney as often as you'd like. Life still goes on with the mundane chores and responsibilbites. I certainly don't miss having to board a plane to get Orlando, or having to only visit at certain times of the year as we did when school schedules were involved. I certainly am still trying to adjust to the heat and humidity. Water and electricity is very expensive here. Traffic is always scary since so many of you tourists (I can say that now since I'm a local) don't know what lane you want to be in and a good number of you aren't used to driving on the left. Traffic is definitely higher around any and all holidays. Moving to FL wasn't that much different than moving anywhere in the US. Distances between stores and shopping areas is extensive. I'm adjusting to the distances to travel, but I'm really glad I bought a Prius. I don't miss the snow, and there is enough change in the weather to know one season from another. I don't like hurricane season and I have to be especially careful that the news media don't freak me out with their hype. And no one told me that we could have hurricanes AND tornadoes. That certainly isn't fair. Gators, bugs and geckos are everywhere. Learning to live with them is an ongoing challenge. Weeds grow here better than anywhere we've lived. I still have plenty of learning to do about Florida, but we've taken a couple of day/weekend trips and will continue to do so.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

harra is offline Fastpass Holder

I personally, wouldn't want to hear about the move to Florida. If a piece was to be done, I think I'd be more interested in the pros/cons of living within an easily drivable distance from the Theme Parks and make it a round-table discussion with some people who live close (Lou, Glenn, Virginia???)
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast