Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #126 - July 5, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #126 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #126 - July 5, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #126 for the week of July 5, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again.

Happy 4th of July and my sincerest gratitude to everyone who continues to fight and sacrifice for our freedom.

With the opening of the latest refresh to the Hall of Presidents attraction in the Magic Kingdom, this week I have an exclusive interview with Eric Jacobson, Senior Vice President of Creative Development at Walt Disney Imagineering. One of the many talents behind the update, he discusses not only the attraction’s advances and changes, but his visit to the White House, meeting and recording President Obama’s speech, and so much more.

This week’s Wayback Machine takes us back to the 80’s when the King of Pop became a Disney character. With the recent passing of Michael Jackson, it’s only appropriate that we do a DSI: Disney Scene Investigation of Captain EO, the extinct Epcot attraction in which he was the title character. We’ll look at it’s origins, the incredible talents who brought it to life, it’s story, music and eventual departure from the parks.

I’ll announce the winner of our last “Where in the World Have You Heard This” contest, and give you new clues for this week’s contest for a chance to win a new WDW Radio shirt and more!

I’ll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

pengle is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #126 - July 5, 2009

Loved your latest podcast that included comments about Captain EO. I found these two fellows, Hooter and Fuzzball, sitting in a chair in the corner of my computer room.

Name:  Hooter-Fuzzball.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  235.0 KB

The Pacific Northwest is looking forward to Lou's visit in August at the Pacific NW Mouse Meet.

Pat

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Glenn is probably very jealous!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show this week, Lou! I hope you and your family had a safe and Happy 4th of July. Your conversation with Imagineer Eric Jacobson on the Hall of Presidents and President Obama's new AA figure was really interesting to listen to. I'll definitely be checking it out for myself when I'm down there in October.

Your Wayback Machine/DSI: Disney Scene Investigation on Captain EO with Glenn Whalen was also very interesting as well. It's I think the best thing to do just after Michael Jackson's tragic passing. I wasn't a huge fan of him, but I still think it's a fitting tribute to the connection between him and Disney. Congratulations to the contest winner as well! As always, keep up the great work Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

dag0620 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Connecticut - Far from Disney - Close to Magic Meets

Great Show lou. Really enjoyed it! Im also actully thinking about finnaly seeing the hall of presidents because of the interview.

Hope to see more next week!
    -Dave

Summer 04' Beach Club and SOG - Summer 05' SOG and Port Orleans: French Quarter - Summer 06' Boardwalk -
    Summer 09' SOG

DisneyLand Vacations
    Summer 08' Off Property

kat228 is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show! I even got my boyfriend to listen to it Now he wants to do the Hall of Presidents!!!

I love the trivia! I can't get the first one this week But it's so much fun!!!!

Follow me on Twitter! --Live when I'm at the parks!
    Hey look! I started a blog! Disney updates 11/16!
    Drink Around the World in Epcot
    Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.
    ~Sam Eagle

bob74 is offline A-Ticket holder

What was the name of the person’s blog that interviewed you for its site? Keep up the great work. Thanks.

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Great show Lou! Loved the interview with Eric Jacobson. Keep the behind the scene info. coming! The Hall of Presidents update sounds like it will really rejuvenate the attraction! Enjoyed the MJ/E.O. DSI

Thank you and keep up the great work!

End007 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I can't tell you how much I enjoy listening to these radio shows. I only started last week but I have been hooked since and listen and will continue to listen to all your podcasts. In fact my mom and I are going to Disney World for the last weeks in August for 8 days and I love listening and telling my mom all about your show. This week really made me wish Captain E.O was still around so I could have been able to have gone on this ride. I can't wait to see the Hall of Presidents now with the new updates. Keep up the Fantastic work!!!

Only 38 Days 14 hrs and 43 minutes until Disney World Trip!!!
    End007

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Great show! And I remember owning a Captain EO T-shirt. It was white with a purple/blue "Captain EO" logo. Wish I still had it now!

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great show Lou! i loved hearing about the Hall of Presidents since its one of my favorites and i can't wait until i see it the next time I go to Disney World! The DSI of Captain EO was awesome! i've seen the video on youtube and to hear about it from a person who actually saw the show was really cool!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

Paul in CT is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou,

Thanks for another great show! It show makes my 90 minute commute fly by.

I also have to thank you for the link to Glenn Whalen's site. "The Pretty Good Movie Ride" is, in one word, "OUTSTANDING"! I love his movie selections. Great video editing!
    Paul in CT