Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #128 - July 19, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #128 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #128 - July 19, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #128 for the week of July 19, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again.

I recently attended the very first and very special D23 community for Disney fans tours of the Walt Disney Studios and Archives in Burbank, California. A true once in a lifetime experience, I wanted to share with you some of the details of the tour, what we saw and experienced in the Studios and in the legendary Walt Disney Archives. Three other attendees will join me on a roundtable discussion, as we talk about not just the tour and overall experience, but D23 as a whole.

Iíll announce the winner of our last Where in the World Have You Heard This contest and play more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #128 - July 19, 2009

Great roundtable Lou! I was wondering how you managed to pull off a ticket for the tour and this podcast explained your method. Thank you (and your fellow D23 guest) for sharing the experience that all Disney fans would love to have. Walking the Disney grounds where so many magical moments were born had to be incredible! I know how I felt at Disneyland last year (and Disney MGM when it was a working studio)... and that feeling would be 10 fold with a visit to the Disney Studio and Archives!

Another Great Show! Thank you and keep up the great work!
    Last edited by DRC2; 07-20-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Another amazing show this week, Lou. Your roundtable on the D23 Walt Disney Studios/Archives tour has made me extremely envious I wasn't able to attend it myself. It sounds like it was just an amazing experience, and something that's once in a lifetime. I really hope I can experience it for myself someday, and it's even starting to gain more interest in D23 from me, and maybe I'll become a member really soon. Congratulations to the contest winner as well! Keep up the great work, Lou!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

stitchythepooh is offline A-Ticket holder

I LOVED the podcast! You're enthusiasm and passion about your journey to the holy...oops, the Disney studios and archives was infectious and adorable. I'm glad you also included the roundtable in this episode because each person added a slightly different but valuable perspective. Plus, your interactions with each other was . I loved their description of you as a one-man-band . Too bad we couldn't have gotten a picture of that! Any way, thanks for including us in your pilgrimage, it was a special treat!

WDWFigment is offline A-Ticket holder

I think your podcast finally put us over the top for joining D23. I doubt we'd be able to go to any of the special events, but just the potential to do so might be worth that extra $15-20 on top of the magazine.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Thank you for this episode! I'm sure it was nothing close to the magic of being there, but you basically took us with you through the tour, which i'm sure a lot of us didn't get to go on the tour or couldn't get tickets. Great work as usual, and keep up the good work!
    The Golden age never was the present ageÖ but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

WDW Daily News is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi everyone, this is Scott Donahue from WDWNewsletter, now WDWDailyNews.com and I wanted to say it was an honor and privilege to be asked to be on Lou's show. The studios and Archives were such beautiful places to see and I hope that everyone can attend them at some point in the future.

I hope we all did it justice as we tried to explain our experiences and our what we saw. Again a great big thanks to Lou for having me on the show and maybe I can be a guest again in the future. Take care everyone and hope to see you around here.