Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #129 - July 26, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #129 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #129 - July 26, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #129 for the week of July 26, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again.

With the MagicMeets fan gathering approaching in just a few weeks, with it comes something that is very important not just to me, but so many other people - the Dream Team Project charity auction. This year marks the 5th year of the auction, and so this week we’ll talk a little bit about the event and some of the very special lots with some of the volunteers who truly make the magic happen.

I’ll answer more of your emails this week, including questions about fireworks cruises, things for groups of girls and guys to do during their vacation, finding local medical services, places to pop the question, pools, food, kids clubs and so much more.

I’ll introduce a new contest this week, called “Name That Disney World Tune” where I’ll ask you to identify songs from Walt Disney World for a chance to win a prize package.

Listen for more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #129 - July 26, 2009

Great show this week, Lou! Your discussion with the other planners on what's to come for the Dream Team auction at MagicMeets sounds really exciting. I'm sure everyone who will be there will be just as generous as they always are to this wonderful cause. I just wish I could be there, too! Good job to you and Beci Mahnken with the emails as well. As always, keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

MrWesley is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey, Lou:

Great show, as usual.

In regards to retired attractions that have returned... it may be premature, but would you include the announcement that the Adventurers Club is coming to Hong Kong Disneyland?

tmlinz is offline E-Ticket Holder

Lou, Audio guide question here...... Will Fantasyland be available on iTunes right away, or will it be later like the two current ones?
    The happiest place on earth is where my kids are!

scca_disney_fan is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou,

You can always hope on the return of closed attractions. They brought back the subs in Disneyland.

Mr.Disney101 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey Lou, just listened to the show. As usual you and Becki were great as always. I also like to thank you on not mentioning my name during the show,and only using my initials. Keep up the good work.
    "We must not lose sight of one thing that it was all started by a mouse" -Walt Disney-

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards

I loved this weeks Video, the around the World in 8 minutes thing was fun. Sometimes the strangest things will catch my ear and when you were at the Kringola Bakery the "fake bird sound" they use there really grabbed me.

For those of you not familliar with it a little explanation may be necessary, as you know the Kringola Bakery has an outdoor (although covered) dining patio. The foods scraps tend to attract birds, but you may notice that although there are a few birds there it is not nearly as bad as at some other outdoor dining venues (like Caseys corner for instance), the reason for this is they play the sounds of "distressed birds" from a device right near the entrance to the Kringola bakery and it's patio, I believe it is in the box that is in this picture, that box ironically enough is disguised as a bird house.

By the way, you are not the only Disney Podcaster affected by this, in fact you are not even the only affected by it this week, Mike Rahlmans Be Our Guest podcast on Monday included a segment recorded at the bakery this week (and he didn't realie that sound was "piped in"), and, in the past, I know I have had this sound in at least one of the Episodes of Mousin It Up that features Spelmanns Gledge.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

makeminemusic is offline A-Ticket holder

One closed attraction that has returned in it's original location and form (although modernized) is the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough in Disneyland.
    "Make Mine Music and the World will Sing"

Come listen to the classic Disney vinyl on www.waltsmusic.com

DanceWaterDance is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hey.
    I have a question concerning the music that plays in the background of the podcast.
    At the beginning of the Listener Emails section this week I could hear some music that I think is played in Epcot in Future World. (I think I have heard it before near Innoventions and Test Track)
    I was wondering if anybody knew the name/artist of this track and where I could listen to it? It always takes me back to my visits to Epcot, and gives me the feeling that I'm in the parks.
    Could anybody help me out? Thank you!