Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #131 - August 9, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #131 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #131 - August 9, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #131 for the week of August 9, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again.

While the introduction of new attractions, shows or promotions gets many people excited about Walt Disney World, hearing about a new dining experience for many is equally as thrilling. And when a new restaurant is being introduced that comes from the first and only female Iron Chef, the excitement grows into anticipation. This week, I am pleased to be joined by Chef Cat Cora, whose Kouzzina restaurant is set to open soon on Disney's Boardwalk. We'll talk about her background and career, as well as what this new dining experience will bring to Walt Disney World Guests.

With the recent introduction of new Disney Vacation Club properties at Kidani Village, The Treehouses at Saratoga Springs and the spectacular new Bay Lake Towers, I wanted to talk about not just the DVC in general, but about each of these new resorts. With three new, very unique experiences to offer Guests and DVC Members, I also wanted to look at some frequently asked questions about the DVC and how these new properties may or may not affect buying and selling DVC points. Shontell Crawford form DVCbyResale.com joins me to discuss these topics and more.

I'll play more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.
    Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #131 - August 9, 2009

I cant start to listen. Also I just want to thank you for making my weekend at Magic Meets fun and thank you so much for the stuff.
    -Mckayla B.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Really interesting show this week, Lou! Your conversation with Chef Cat Cora on her new Kouzzina restaurant was very interesting to hear. Sounds like it's going to be a great fit within the Boardwalk area. I'll be looking forward to trying it out sometime. Your conversation with Shontell Crawford on the new DVC properties and really the basics of how DVC works was also very interesting. I am not a DVC member, but I've delved a little interest into it. This provided much more insight into the process and how it works. As always, great job and keep up the great work!
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

clion is offline Fastpass Holder

Another great scoop -- Cat Cora!!!

Great show again!

It was good seeing you again at MagicMeets.
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
    Anything your heart desires will come to you ..."

Author of the DisneyDaddy blog | Writer for Celebrations Magazine
    D23 Charter Member | Annual Passholder | Named Disney's Biggest Fan (by Disney and United Vacations)

pixeydust is offline A-Ticket holder

So enjoyed your interview with my favorite iron chef, Cat Cora! We are looking forward to several visits to Kouzzina in December! Lou, I didn't hear it on the interview, but wondering if she will utilize the pizza takeout window for perhaps a Greek/Mediterranean twist on pizza?

Nice to hear Shontell Crawford, we have subscribed to her email postings for some time and I love to browse through the listings, they really have fantastic deals on DVC. I have just about convinced my dh that DVC is the way to go and having the opportunity to hear Shontell himself really helped my cause!

Thanks so much for the consistently wonderful podcast, the terrific audio guides (can't wait to have the whole series, including the Epcot, DHS, and AK), the wonderful books and Celebrations, which we have loved since the first issue!

Thanks for all the pixie dust, take care!

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Lou,
    Loved the DVC by Resale segment. Thanks, Ken

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Great Chef Cat Cora interview Lou, I could almost hear you salivating while talking about the food!
    The information about the DVC by resale was great also!

Thank You and Keep up the great work!

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

Good job spotlighting DVC By Resale. Buying these things used is the best way to go. Did Shontell Crawford give examples on how much money people could save versus buying new through Disney?

oakmanner is offline A-Ticket holder

My two favorite topics food and DVC! Great show Lou.

1998- Dixie Landings, 2000- Dixie Landings, 2001- DLR, 2002- DLR, 2002- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Pop Century, 2004- Pop Century, 2006- Pop Century, 2007- Port Orleans Riverside, 2008- Land & Sea; Beach Club & Disney Wonder, 2008- Saratoga Springs, 2009-Saratoga Springs, 2010- Animal Kingdom Villas

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

loved it!!! Thanks!!!