Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #133 - August 23, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; I've been following and writing about podcasts for a few months now, and I have to take a moment to mention that the roundtable discussion with Lou, Beci, Lori, and ...
    Mush is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #133 - August 23, 2009

I've been following and writing about podcasts for a few months now, and I have to take a moment to mention that the roundtable discussion with Lou, Beci, Lori, and Tony was one of the best I've ever heard. The feeling that you all captured initially talking about meeting people outside of the parks hits home with so many of us. Then you switched to the impact of Twitter and Facebook on the community and all of the connections which I'm willing to be reverberates among nearly every one of us on here (and, yes, I'm glad to already have many of you friended up over there).

It was the discussion about the Magic Meets auction and fundrasier, however, that drives this one so far above most anything else I've heard. Very few will be able to listen to this part without some welling-up of the eyes. I hadn't read Tony's letter yet (I could only watch the first hour or so of Magic Meets), but just the description of what transpired will put most over the edge of holding it in. If that didn't do it, hearing about the result of the mystery pin auction likely will.

I've seen the outpouring of support by us Disney Freaks first-hand over on the small site I usually hang out and help moderate. Writing the update for this episode will be an honor. Amazing show, folks!

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Lou

I really liked the show!!! The only thing that was so disappointing was that the Tower of Terror race is going away!!!!
    That was the coolest race in WDW!!! Trust me you will love it... 8 miles may be a long way, especially if you are 14 years old, but its so worth it in the end!!!!!
    I loved all the newest updates and rumors!!! It will help us when we go in December!!!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

Ok, I have a question concerning the Disney Mom's Panel. I am planning on applying for the panel but when you follow the link, all it tells you is what is required and when the application date opens up. It doesn't say anything about HOW to apply. Is it like a standard job app or do you have to write an essay or something?

Does anyone know what is involved?
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bater8slater View Post
    I just listened to the voicemails again and i didn't hear you. What did you talk about?
    I was part of the roundtable discussion.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

What other WDW Radio podcasts talk about the Mom's panel? I would like to re-listen to them. I think there were 2 but I can only find 1.

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Very few will be able to listen to this part without some welling-up of the eyes. I hadn't read Tony's letter yet (I could only watch the first hour or so of Magic Meets), but just the description of what transpired will put most over the edge of holding it in. If that didn't do it, hearing about the result of the mystery pin auction likely will.
    Where you can find a posting of Tony's letter. I'm sure I'm just missing it but I can't find it.
    Tony Duncan

Recent Trips:
    March 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    August 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    September 2008 - AKL - Expedition Everest 5K
    April 2009 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2009 - POR
    September 2009 - BeachClub - Expedition Everest 5K/ Everest Adventurer's Weekend
    April 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2011 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2012 - DISNEY DREAM!!!!

pigletfan is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by pigletfan View Post
    What other WDW Radio podcasts talk about the Mom's panel? I would like to re-listen to them. I think there were 2 but I can only find 1.
    I have found them, so disreguard my question.

Mush is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by tduncan1538 View Post
    Where you can find a posting of Tony's letter. I'm sure I'm just missing it but I can't find it.

I don't have the required posts to give you the direct link, but it's on here on the Dream Team Project Blog (Under the "About" link on the top of the page).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12