Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #133 - August 23, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #133 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #133 - August 23, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #133 for the week of August 23, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again.

We'll start off this week's show with News from around Walt Disney World, including information about the 2010 Mom's Panel, Passholder events, special event dates and more. We may even pay a quick visit to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill.

After having recently attended two Disney fan meets across the country, I quickly realized that Disney magic isn't confined to the theme parks and resorts, but can happen almost anywhere. So this week, I'm joined in a roundtable discussion as we look at bringing and Making Disney Magic Outside the Parks. We'll talk about recent and upcoming events, how the internet has changed when and how like minded enthusiasts can meet, and look at the “Disney Experience” as a whole.

I'll give you the clues for this week's Walt Disney World Trivia Contest before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #133 - August 23, 2009

Hey lou! I haven't really listened to the episode yet, but i went to the voicemails and I finished the episode! That was so cool. It made my day! Can't wait to listen to the whole thing!

Finkelstein is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou

Am loving this podcast. I am finding so many ways to enjoy the pleasure of Disney on line and this podcast made me realise I am not alone in reveling in new technology and being able to build links with like-minded people. Facebook was dormant for me until 3 weeks ago and has now become a massive Disney-centric resource for me that allows me to chat incessantly with people who just "get it".

Forums such as here and at the Dibb are places I near enough live on and I have made so many great connections with people through them.

These have spilled into real life and have met up with local people at Dibb-meets and are even coordinating who will be on holiday at the same time as us next year and arranging to hook up....its even allowed us to make connections with people who are in the US but have similar humour and tastes, fingers crossed we will meet them too

Its so integral to plussing the experience that its hard to imagine life without the online aspect

Gordon
    Last edited by Finkelstein; 08-25-2009 at 03:11 AM.
    99 - Offsite, 2004 - Offsite, 2006 - Pop Century,
    2008 - POFQ, 2010 - OKW

I guess I didn't sound too bad this week.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Such a wonderful show this week, Lou! Your roundtable on bringing the Disney magic outside of the parks with Lori Burke, Beci Mahnken, and Tony Caggiano was just wonderful to listen to. Such a truly inspiring discussion, and it only makes me want to get more involved with the Disney community. I may have some projects up my sleeve for just that purpose, I guess we'll wait and see. Great show Lou, keep up the awesome work you do every week.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    I guess I didn't sound too bad this week.

Who were you?

pharris430 is offline A-Ticket holder

Shucks! I so wanted to be a Disney MOM (Dad!) so when I heard on your podcast that Disney was starting the "talent search" for new panelist, I was already heading out to the Disney site even before the podcast had ended. Imagine my disappointment when one of the requirements was no family members can be Cast Members...My oldest just left the CP program and my middle daughter is just beginning hers.....drat!

edit;;ignore one of these posts! My browser is having kaniptions today!
    Last edited by pharris430; 08-25-2009 at 09:26 AM.

pharris430 is offline A-Ticket holder

After returning from our 10 day vacation from Disney last month I've been looking for a way to keep the magic alive. So when I heard in this weeks podcast that Disney was beginning the search for new Moms (and Dads) Panelist volunteers I thought that's it! I'll be a Dad! and volunteer to offer my sage advice. So even before the podcast ended I was out on the Disney site looking over the Moms panel requirements. Imagine the letdown when I read the bit that if family members were cast members they couldn't participate. With two daughters as CP's I'm done for....ahhh the pain!

Crazy Hakim is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou! GREAT show, it really hit home. As you know, I have been involved for many years, starting on the Disney Fans BB on Prodigy. I met Deb Wills on RADP, back when I had to dial a phone number in LA, CA to upload and download each days postings using Bluewave Reader! LOL, Dial Up at 4800 baud modems and that screeching connection sound. Met you at your first Mousefest at breakfast and we became fast friends. And you guys made a great point of how Facebook has brought together all the different groups into one area. I did friend up with Tony based on his crazy postings and I look forward to meeting him next month at WDW.
    This show was another Home Run as far as I am concerned, and I placed a link on my Facebook Page trying to get some of my friends and fellow Cast Members to give it a listen. You even had Steve Medina call in, that alone is worth the listen!
    Great Show Lou and everybody who was around the table!
    See you at WDW!

Mike Scibetta

Quote Originally Posted by bater8slater View Post
    Who were you?
    Lori Burke

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Lori Burke
    I just listened to the voicemails again and i didn't hear you. What did you talk about?

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Another great show! The round table talk about Disney magic, made me think about how happy the Disney experience has been for all of us fans and how that happiness helps us all unlock our passion and humanity towards others. Having experienced the joy that our love of Disney (and the Disney experience) has brought each of us, makes it more likely that we love to share the experience and pass the magic along to others.

Keep up the great work!

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder

After listening to the show this week, I felt convicted to get more involved online. Especially now that I am in CA and away from WDW, I'll have to keep the magic from afar...

Ah, who am I kidding! I'm an hour away from Disneyland and am living the dream! I made my first trip to Disneyland last Friday (trip report here), and I applied today to be a part-time castmember while I am living here working on my graduate degree. I even found a castmember store next to the DL Casting Center where they were selling D23 cast tickets for $5 a day, so I'll see you all in just a couple weeks!
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(

Great podcast this week! Well they all are really. I can't wait to apply again for the Disney Mom. I will tell you right now that I will be one someday. THAT is my Disney dream come true!!

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Finkelstein is offline A-Ticket holder

In keeping with the theme of the podcast is there a way to share your Facebook link here at wdwradio or in your signature in some way?

My Facebook is exclusively made up of people I know through Disney.....not actually intentional but its just the way it turned out and well it suits me down to the ground as I get to blabber about Disney all the time and never worry about boring people

Gordon
    99 - Offsite, 2004 - Offsite, 2006 - Pop Century,
    2008 - POFQ, 2010 - OKW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast