Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #149 - December 13, 2009 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #149 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #149 - December 13, 2009

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #149 for the week of December 13, 2009. Thank you for tuning in once again.

Some of Walt Disney World's “Hidden Treasures” are often found in plain sight, and this week, I'm going to take you to one that I recently was introduced to – The Turf Club restaurant at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. One of just a few Walt Disney World restaurants that offers year-round outdoor dining, it overlooks the Lake Buena Vista golf course and it's casual atmosphere reflects the resort's equestrian theme. This week, my guest and I will take you inside the restaurant for a live review of the ambiance, location and of course, the food.

I'll announce the winner of our last Walt Disney World – What's My Line? Contest before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #149 - December 13, 2009

Without knowing where the restaurant was located I said it was in one of the resorts like Saratoga we don't hear much about (probably because it's so far away from the parks). Sure enough it's a hidden gem and often forgotten about. From the pictures it looks fancy, also noticed lunch and dinner prices are the same. I am guessing most of their patrons are golfers. There seems to be a lack of outdoor dining areas at WDW, hey there's an idea for another show!
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show this week, Lou! Your WDW Hidden Treasure/review of The Turf Club Restaurant with Shontel was very cool to listen to. I too never really knew about this restaurant, but I'll be sure to check it out next time! Sounds like a great place to eat. Congratulations on the contest winner, as well! As always, keep up the great work!

P.S. As I said last week, I'm sending my prayers to your father to hopefully make a speedy recovery. I'm wishing the best for him and your family.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hey Lou! I am hoping that this does not come off the wrong way, but I have not had any luck with getting a response via email or a couple pm's that I have sent. I was the winner of the contest announced during show 149.

I know that the passing of your father has been very hard on you and your family, and my heart goes out to you and your family. During those times, I know that things are prioritized as to what is really important. That being said, I know that the following would, and should have been put pretty low on totem pole of importance with all that you have had to deal with over the last few months.

I have been trying to find out if the prizes you announced had been sent out already. I have been very nervous as it has been 3 months and have not had any sign of their arrival. The address that I provided was a UPS mailbox and are really good at accepting all packages. I have been worried that the package may have been sent to the wrong address, has been lost in shipment, or worse, been stolen due to the iTunes card that was included.

Can you please send me a PM or email to let me know what the status is on that package? Thank you so much!

As I have stated in my emails, you are one of my heroes. I don't know how you do it week after week! A top quality produced podcast with spectacular interviews, maintaining a wonderful family, and holding down a job as a lawyer! Any one of those is enough to occupy any mere mortal! You are the best Lou! Keep moving forward - we are all behind you!