Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #157 - February 14, 2010 in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #157 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #157 - February 14, 2010

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello and this is show #157 for the week of February 14, 2010. Happy Valentine's Day and thank you for tuning in once again.

This week's Walt Disney World News is exciting and special, as something old is new again, and many new surprises are in store for the parks beginning later this year. What's different about this week's coverage is not only that it was recorded live from Walt Disney World, but it includes a roundtable panel with a number of Disney mom bloggers who were in town to cover the event. It's an interesting look at and discussion of what's to come.

And in keeping with the theme of Disney social media, I have an interview with Thomas Smith, Social Media Director for Disney Parks, and founder of the official Disney Parks blog. We'll discuss in depth not only the blog itself, but Disney's entrance and presence into the social media world, and how and why they are able to interact with Guests in a whole new way.

I'll announce the answers and winner of last week's Walt Disney World Trivia Contest before playing more of your voicemails at the end of the show so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    You can email the show or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast #157 - February 14, 2010

Good to have you back Lou.
    WDW Radio Android App.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Good to see you and the show back Lou.

I'm going to disagree with one of the big points made during the Give a Day discussion…and maybe it's just my area (though I don't think so since I've heard the same comments from others) is that the volunteer opportunities are not family oriented. I found very few opportunities that would take anyone under the age of 14.

I'm sorry if this puts a damper on the promotion…but it needs to be said.

I'll also disagree with this promotion being "genius"…personally I find it lame by Disney's part. And if you're an AP holder you really get nothing.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder

I must say TiggerRPh, I respectfully disagree. I was quite surprised at the vast number of opportunities in my area to volunteer and most with families. Opportunities may vary with different areas but I found many service needs at local soup kitchens or homeless shelters. It's not Disney's fault that some locations may have age restrictions. Disney just offers these organizations to sign up for the program and then it is up to the organization to stipulate the age restrictions. I think it is a "genius" idea because it encourages people like me to take time out to volunteer instead of making excuses such as "I will do that when I am out of graduate school." Lame is a horrible descriptor considering Disney is forking out thousands of dollars if not millions to get people to become servants even if for a day in their own communities. If there isn't many family oriented opportunities available in your area then make a fun weekend trip to a nearby community with your family to volunteer. I am sure you can be more open minded , have a bigger heart, and use some creativity. Make it happen Captain!

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Correction to one of the blog sites...
    Tales of a Frumpy Mocha Princess
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc