Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 164 - April 4, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #164 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 164 - April 4, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #164 for the week of April 4, 2010.

It's time for another Top Ten list, as this week we once again count down the best of the best. This week, it's about something that's an integral part of the ride experience itself as we explore the Top Ten Ride Vehicles in Walt Disney World

While the Adventurers Club may be closed, the legacy, stories and cast of characters did not die with it. This week, we'll look and see how the legacy is being preserved, and how you can be a part of it.

I'll have some important announcements at the end of the show, including details on another event coming very soon before playing more of your voicemails, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 164 - April 4, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

I cannot download this episode on itunes. Has it not been uploaded yet???
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 164 - April 4, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

I can't believe that the limos of RnRC didn't make the list…okay…I know why it wasn't on Tim's list…but not even an honorable mention?
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder

BTW…the website for Congaloosh 2010 states the show will be behind "The Indiana Jones Adventure"…that's in DLR not WDW…that's the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.

Oooops!!!
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

OK.....I give up. Where can I find the link to sign up for the trivia contest that Lou calls you to ask trivia questions ??

Thanks......Good show !

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

Great show.....Where can I find the link for the trivia contest where Lou calls you ? I keep meaning to sign up and now I cant find the link.

Thanks

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

I believe you e-mail him the info
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Smile Re: WDW Radio Show # 164 - April 4, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Mongello View Post
    Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #164 for the week of April 4, 2010.

It's time for another Top Ten list, as this week we once again count down the best of the best. This week, it's about something that's an integral part of the ride experience itself as we explore the Top Ten Ride Vehicles in Walt Disney World
    I loveee your Top Ten list Lou!!! You and Tim are so funny together and it is always funny to listen too!
    Maybe a Top Ten Show will be next?! Woot!!! Don't forget to mention The Hunchback, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Doug, and Food Rocks!

Tammy
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

cavaliers60 is offline A-Ticket holder

I would have added the Rockin' Roller Coaster's limo trains. Such great technology went into that ride. Not only the vehicles, but the launching mechanism used to send the vehicle from 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds! I really like the on-board sound system that runs with the ride. Not only is it fun to ride the coaster with Aerosmith rockin' the ride away, but the audio for the launch always gets my heart pounding!

I also would have mentioned Space Ship Earth and it's endless vehicle that climbs up through the Epcot ball, turns backwards at the top, and gently brings you back down. I also really like the upgrades they made to the vehicles. The touch screen and interactivity is great. I miss the old narration, but the new one is just as good. And, is it just me, or does the ride seem to run a LOT smoother on the track now than before the major upgrade? Great job Disney on improving an already enjoyable ride!

Great top ten to the both of you. I really enjoyed listening to it. Another great top 10 would be the top 10 animatronics at Walt Disney World. Lots to choose from.

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 12:55 AM.

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 12:55 AM.