Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 172 - May 30, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #172 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 172 - May 30, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #172 for the week of May 30, 2010.

We'll start off this week's show by taking a look at what's coming next to Walt Disney World, as we discuss the many new (and old) offerings as part of Summer Nightastic. We'll also discuss some other Disney news, including improvements to the online dining reservations system, and a curious change taking place in Fantasyland.

Star Wars Weekends is in full swing at Disney's Hollywood Studios, as the legendary Star Wars Saga is celebrated, this year including the including the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back and the animated television series, The Clone Wars. I'm joined this week in an exclusive interview with Ashley Eckstein, celebrity host for Star Wars Weekends, the voice of Ahsoka Tano in the Clone Wars series, former Walt Disney World Cast Member and so much more. We'll discuss not only her role in the Star Wars universe and at Star Wars Weekends, but her career at Disney and ongoing fascination with Disney collecting and the Disney parks.

I'll announce the winner of our Walt Disney World Threes contest, as well as the winners of the live contest we held during the 24-hour live broadcast from Walt Disney World last weekend.

I'll play more of your voicemail and have a few announcements including details about upcoming Meets of the Month in Walt Disney World at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 172 - May 30, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Loved it!
    P.S. Thanks for putting me at the end with the voice mail
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 172 - May 30, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Great episode, Lou. Really dug the interview with Ashley Eckstein. Could that girl be any sweeter and more down-to-earth? I've actually been watching The Clone Wars show and it is really really good (considering the downward trend Lucas has seemingly been on). As with you (and many others), I'm a huge fan of both the Star Wars universe and all things Disney so it was really fun hearing that a Star Wars actress/voice actress is a fan of Disney just like us. Add in the fact that she's married to David Eckstein (a really cool throwback baseball player), and you were right to get that hug!

PS. Really dug the on-location run through the news with Glenn and Scott (?). You guys work well off each other. I can personally vouch for the new online ADR system as I jumped online Sunday night after getting my wife to commit to our eateries and within minutes had booked 7 night's of dinner reservations. Fairly easy to use.

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

I apologize for bringing this to the front of the boards if that is annoying for anyone, but I just have to express how incredibly inspired I was by the interview with Ashley. Being a 22-year old Disney/Star Wars fan myself, I felt so incredibly inspired by all she has done in her life and, as Disney's Folly said before me, could she be any sweeter?

Her comment about the lack of true family programming hit so close to home with me because, being a theatre major and potential musical theatre performer, I am constantly looking for family-friendly performances to participate in. Unfortunately, that is not what is "current" in the theatre world and it seems less and less theatre companies are willing to do family friendly, fun things. It's now all about being experimental or pushing boundaries, and honestly, offensive in some ways.

I just want to thank you, Lou, for interviewing such an incredible woman whom I hope to not only meet someday, but follow in her amazing footsteps as a fellow "geek" and lover of all things Disney.

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012