Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 174 - June 13, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #174 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 174 - June 13, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #174 for the week of June 13, 2010.

It’s time to fire up my Walt Disney World Wayback Machine, as we travel back through time to visit some of the history of the Disney parks. This week, our time travel has a double meaning, as it is the focus of the attraction we will visit. For more than a decade, The Timekeeper in Tomorrowland took guests on a celebrity-filled, 360 degree journey through history, meeting famous figures and visiting historic landmarks along the way... before, as in true Disney fashion, something goes wrong and hilarity ensues. We will take a detailed look back at the attraction’s history, what almost came to be in Tomorrowland, thoughts on the Circle-Vision technology and much more.

I'll play more of your voicemails and have a few announcements at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Re: WDW Radio Show # 174 - June 13, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Great Show! The Timekeeper.....ah yes...when Tomorrowland was still cool. The 360 films were pretty sweet back in their day, but in today's world they would need to be 360 in 3D!

Thanks for the wayback machine and keep up the great work!

marker is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: WDW Radio Show # 174 - June 13, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

I always enjoyed Timekeeper. Thought it was a very entertaining show, loved the humor in it especially Robin Williams' delivery.

You mentioned whether it was worthy of CircleVision 360. Timekeeper was very entertaining to watch backwards. I would often go back in, after viewing it once, and watch it again looking at the back and sides. There was action going on all around, some it really made me laugh.

I would love to see it make a comeback. Maybe if they did bring it back, they could go back in time and find Dreamfinder.
    Marker from MO
    ~ Unemployeed software developer looking for next opportunity
    ~ For more info see my home page
    ~ Friend of IASW's Happy Little Dolls (but don't hold that against me)

02/83 off site -- 11/83 off site -- 12/85 DLR --
    07/97 DL -- 08/00 ASMo -- 04/02 CBR --
    05/03 POFQ -- 06/04 DLR -- 07/06 Pop --
    03/07 POR -- 09/07 ASMu -- 04/08 ASSp --
    09/08 Pop -- 09/09 CSR -- 04/10 POR --
    05/10 SSR -- 10/10 CSR
    Next - 12/10 -2 nights SSR, 2 nights VBR (Vero Beach Resort)

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 174 - June 13, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-06-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: :)
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

mrklig is offline B-Ticket Holder

In reguards to whether or not circle vision would still work today, I think the answer is no. These days nearly every movie is in 3-D and soon some TV stations will broadcast in 3-D. The young people of today do not want to stand in a theater and not be able to see half of what is going on behind them. I think 3-D IMAX is next anyway. Imagine "Soarin'" in 3-D!!!
    Owner at Bay Lake Towers!

Next Trip: July 15-19 - Adults Only Trip with my lovely wife

Disney Fantasy (1st Fantasy) April 2014

cavaliers60 is offline A-Ticket holder

I watched the Timekeeper way back when Euro Disney was Disneyland Paris. I was like 8 or so. Hard to believe I remember that... I do know that my first time in Disney World, I tried looking for it, but never found it.

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I never got to see the Timekeeper. Actually it was there when we were in WDW but I never paid much attention. Now I wish I would have. Nice show Lou, thanks for taking us back!!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

I will be the one to say that the Timekeeper was my all time favorite Disney attraction.