Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 175 - June 20, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #176 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 175 - June 20, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #176 for the week of June 27, 2010.

This week, we’re going to take a very detailed look at one of Walt Disney World’s classic, opening day attractions. One that is significant not just because of it’s rich history, but because of its importance in the history of the Disney parks, personal connection to Walt Disney, and stories behind the stories that play a role in its inclusion at the heart of the Magic Kingdom. And with dramatic changes coming to Fantasyland, and a minor change to this attraction itself, it’s a great time to take a look at the attraction that to many will always be known as Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel.

I'll play more of your voicemails and have a few announcements at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

T Morrows Child is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 175 - June 20, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Yippie! More Audio Tours are on the way!

Thanks for the show . . . I told my wife that I sat enthralled for over 40 minutes listening to details on the carrousel! It was a really terrific and detailed look at an overlooked attraction!

(I am generally unaffected by the name change, BTW. Meh. I'm okay with the backstory and hoping that it will fit into a larger theme later down the road.)
    Have you seen my dad? Would you page him for me?

Next Family trip = April 16 - April 23, 2011, staying in an All Star Vacation Home!

Pamelia Perkins is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 175 - June 20, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

After listening to this stellar podcast on my way to Cincinnati this weekend, I simply had to ride the carrousel at Kings Island yesterday. While not as old or as large as the one at WDW, it also has a storied history here in Cincinnati and it was wonderful to experience it again as an adult, especially with my new knowledge of carrousels.

Thank you so much for posting this and for your continued efforts to provide us all with such great facts about the attractions at WDW.

Dolly aka Pamelia Perkins

madarmadillo is offline A-Ticket holder

Love Jim Korkis! That man is a genius.

im4disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Your show about Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel was fantastic!

We attended the workshop at a Disneyana Convention back in the '90's that Jim mentioned on the show. That certainly peaked our interest in the carrousel. Your show just reminded us of that event and contained so much cool information.

It is so great to hear about the little details and stories behind the attractions, resorts, and just everything at WDW. It makes the next visit that more exciting!