Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 181 - August 1, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #181 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 181 - August 1, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #181 for the week of August 1, 2010.

I’ll open up the inbox this week and answer more of your questions about everything from the rooms at Bay Lake Tower versus Kidani Village; visiting Pixie Hollow in the Magic Kingdom; Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars; traveling the resort using the WDW bus system; annual passes for the family; signature restaurants and the best Italian food on property; resort-specific merchandise, going alone, and so much more!

Stay tuned for a few announcements and then more of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Fastpass questions and answers

Fastpasses...something I know quite well...hence my title and signature

The Birthday/GAD Fastpasses issued when using the Fastpass Exchange Cards look exactly like any other Fastpass. The only difference is that the issue time (the time at the very bottom) is the same as the return time, because they are "instant" Fastpasses, good immediately without having to wait for some future time.

And yes, you use them like any other Fastpass, entering through the Fastpass line, waiting through pre-shows, etc. There are two exceptions I've heard of though.

In some cases I am aware of the CMs have covered all the FP kiosks after the main FPs have been distributed even though they are supposed to leave one open for the GAD cards. But instead of uncovering one, they have sometimes brought people through the backdoor/exit.

Likewise, at attractions like It's Tough To Be A Bug or Lights Motors Action, where FPs are very seldom used (and may not even have FP kiosks available), the CMs may accomodate you in some other fashion.

And it's true that there are no official "Golden Fastpasses" despite the rumors, but there are some things that can provide some level of front-of-the-line access. Notably the Premium VIP Tour, where your guide can either backdoor you or get you access to the Fastpass line without Fastpasses, depending on the attraction or situation.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

bigyanks is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 181 - August 1, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Statio

so wait those Birthday fast passes are still available? im going in December and we are going during my wifes birthday. is it one time use or the fast passes are instantaneous for all rides all day?
    1989 - 1998 - Off Property
    August 2006 - Off Property
    May 2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Dec. 2008 - All Star Movies - Engaged
    Dec. 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec. 2010 - Bay Lake Tower (new dvc members)
    August 2011 - Beach Club Villas
    Disney Dream Cruise
    September 2011 - Animal Kingdom Villas

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: WDW Radio Show # 181 - August 1, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Statio

Quote Originally Posted by bigyanks View Post
    so wait those Birthday fast passes are still available? im going in December and we are going during my wifes birthday. is it one time use or the fast passes are instantaneous for all rides all day?
    No, they are not. I mentioned them as the Birthday and GAD Fastpasses function the same.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Leaving in a few hours and loaded up the podcast for the flight. I just love listening to the podcast on the way to WDW. Will also be listening to the Adventureland Audio Guide. WoooHooo

Wishing they were still giving out birthday FPs. I'll be celebrating 60 @ my laughing place Using our GADs this trip

SuperDry is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou & Becky, you had a question from a family that had moved out-of-state, planned to visit WDW about once a year for about a week, and wondered if it was still worthwhile to get APs for the entire family. You and Becky gave excellent advice, but left out one very important tip: For those that visit about once a year, consider adjusting the trips by a week or so each year. Say you want to visit around July 1 each year for a week. The first year, July 1 - 7 and buy APs for everyone. The next year, go one week earlier, June 24 - 30, at the tail end of last year's APs. The third year, get new APs, and go July 1 - 7. This allows a family that visits once a year at about the same time of year to buy APs only every OTHER year, thus cutting admission costs in half, and still get full AP benefits.