Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss Via Napoli pizzeria grand opening at Epcot in Walt Disney World in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Originally Posted by Jaxum You will find the pizza there to be very different then the typical pizza you will get here in the states. Very thin , less cheese, ...
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Via Napoli pizzeria grand opening at Epcot in Walt Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxum View Post
    You will find the pizza there to be very different then the typical pizza you will get here in the states. Very thin, less cheese, and they cook it in about 2 to 3 minutes. Personally, I love the stuff!
    The only saving grace right now, dealing with being so far from Via Napoli and not being able to try what they have is, tomorrow several of us are going to go toast it's opening at an official Napoli pizzeria here in Salt Lake, certified by Vera Pizza Napoletana. It's called Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana, and oh my gosh it's good! There's also one in Vegas if you can make it there.
    I look forward to trying Via Napoli in Oct. when I make my quarterly pilgrimage to "The World".
    Well, that's a good start, I like it very thin. I haven't downloaded the video yet but I will have to check it out. It sounds similar to some of the places around here (some are coal fired and some are brick oven), some are really really good and some are just hype. Looking forward to tasting a slice in Epcot

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well I guess it depends on who you ask. Lou seemed to love it and then there is the review on All Ears. They speak of needing pepperoni to overcome the "charred" dough.

If you read down to some of the comments of other who ate there it went from good to OK to it was burnt not Charred and other dinners served Burnt as well.

Being one dining credit I wonder how that will work with ordering a larger pizza???

Here is the link to All Ears review.
    New Via Napoli "Soft Opens" Early (All EarsŪ Guest Blog)
    Thanks HG, I'm going to check out that link
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

wvugeoggrad is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey there, I used to live in Charleston, I just moved down to Orlando back in April and I love it here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    awesome

hey there mountaineer i live in ashland ky just on the other side of charleston

I did manage to get into Via Napoli last night. We showed up around 7 and we shocked at how packed it was. They took our names and told us to come back at 8. So we went around the corner and did a Kim Possible Mission in Germany to kill some time.

We headed back before 8 and were seated immediately. I really loved the inside of the the resturant but was kinda surprised at the size of it. It seemed smaller than what I had expected from all the photos and videos I'd seen. I got the four cheese pizza in individual size and my friend got a large pepperoni pizza so he could take some home to his brother. I LOVED the four cheese! It actually brought back memories of the Alfredo sauce from the old resturant in Italy. The cheese was very good and there was a very buttery flavor to the pizza. It also was crispy and slightly burnt crust which gave it a great taste. I also tried some of my friend's pizza and enjoy it as well, it seemed like the tomato was more muted than your average american pizza. I also tried the "blood orange" home made lemonade. It was very sweet and good but the only down fall was it's $5 price. We asked our waiter if this included refills and he said no but they were looking into doing that for the future.

I would highly recommend anyone to try this place. I know some people have said the prices seem high but I ended up taking half of my personal pizza home and it was only $16 which really isn't a bad price.
    All your dreams can come true if you have
    the courage to pursue them.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

kool. about the pizza.. i wanna go when were there.. and i wish i could move to orlando.. i would love it
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Dracula766 is offline A-Ticket holder

I was super excited about Via Napoli and I finally tried it last week.
    We started with the arancini which were so good that I regretted not ordering more. The blood orange acqua fresca really hit the spot after walking in the sun all day.
    We ordered the 1/2 meter pepperoni pizza for 4 of us and I can honestly say that it was some of the best pizza I've had since I went to Lombardi's in NYC. An order of zeppoles with whipped cream & chocolate sauce were a great finish to an awesome meal.

$35 might seem like alot to pay for a pizza but our visit to Via Napoli was the cheapest table service meal of our entire trip.

I'll definitely be back...may even order the 1/2 meter pie for myself.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

I wonder if we can sneak in a visit here in October (we already made ADRs at other restaurants), the pizza sounds amazing, just from reading the reviews and posts, it reminds me of my trip to Italy!

DebšošS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I wonder if we can sneak in a visit here in October (we already made ADRs at other restaurants), the pizza sounds amazing, just from reading the reviews and posts, it reminds me of my trip to Italy!
    Definately worth trying. Your best bet is to walking up when they first start lunches. You'll have a better chance of getting in then. The place is huge though and the turnover should be faster by now. Ours was a 2 hour lunch. Here's a link to my review w/pics Via Napoli Pizza Party Lunch 8/6 (long on pics)

aspen37 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I ate at Via Napoli twice earlier this month and loved it. The first time was for lunch. There was two of us and we had the Arancini, personal Margherita pizza as an appetizer. For entree's my friend had the Candele pasta and I had chicken parmigiana. We split the Zeppole for desert.
    I loved everything I ate except for the spaghetti pancake that came with the chicken parmigiana. The spaghetti pancake tasted like burnt spaghetti.

The second time we ate at Via Napoli there were 9 of us for dinner. We walked up told them party of nine and they said sure come this way. We thought we would have to wait an hour, so it was a nice surprise that we didn't need to wait.
    We had salad and Arancini for apps. For entree's we had two 1/2 meter pizza's.
    One of the pizza's was 1/2 four cheese and half Prosciutto and Cantaloupe. I really liked the Prosciutto and Cantaloupe. The only thing is you must eat it hot. Once it gets cold the flavors separate and the cheese congeals and it isn't nearly as good. The other 1/2 meter was Margherita pizza. One person in the party did not want pizza so she had the Candele pasta. We ate every bit of the food. There was nothing left. For dessert I shared the Zeppole (little Italian donuts) with a friend and the other two desserts were Brutti Ma Buoni (a huge fancy ice cream sundae) and a couple of Gelato Frizzante (ice cream soda). Everyone loved their desserts too.
    I'll be eating there again in a couple of weeks and can't wait.
    I think WDW has a winner with Via Napoli.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12