Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 184 - August 22, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #184 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 184 - August 22, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #184 for the week of August 22, 2010.

This week, Iím pleased to be able to share with you an interview with another Disney Legend. And this one is special because I had the rare opportunity to speak with one of the original Imagineers, and a man who is credited with designing just about anything with wheels for the Disney parks.

He is Bob Gurr, whose work on designing the Monorail, OmniMover, Audio-Animatronics, Main Street vehicles and countless others earned him the Disney Legend status in 2004. I had a chance to sit down with Bob and interview him on stage in front of a crowd of Disney enthusiasts at a recent meet, and recorded the audio to share with you. Itís a fascinating look at the life of a man whose work was instrumental in the development of attractions which continue to delight millions of guests to this day.

Iíll then have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

tchinkle is offline B-Ticket Holder

Thumbs up Re: WDW Radio Show # 184 - August 22, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Lou,

I just listened to the show and was "awestruck" listening to Mr. Gurr. I can see why Walt had him as part of Disney! His stories were amazing to hear! I especially got a big chuckle out of when he was telling the story about driving the fire engine to Disneyland from the studios. I have retired from the fire service after thirty plus years of service, and Disney's fire stations and fire engines have a special place in my heart!

You did a wonderful job interviewing Mr. Gurr. I could definitely sense it was one of the highlight's of your career. Your enthusiasm, passion, and admiration for Disney was shining that day as it ALWAYS shines on ALL your projects. Your behavior and attitude is one of the reasons I like listening to the podcast.

Keep up the good work. And remember to not only keep moving forward but to keep inspiring others as well my friend!

Tom H.
    Box person from Sellersburg, IN
    Do you Twitter?

jeffswoish is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 184 - August 22, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Great Job Lou!
    I am glad you got to interview Bob Gerr! You did a great job interviewing him! You should start a legend interview series and see how many Disney legends you can interview. Some of them are not young anymore. Eat a dole whip and Mickey mouse ice cream bar for me. I will be at the world with my family last week of September.
    And always remember to KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

Jeff

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Re: WDW Radio Show # 184 - August 22, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Another great show! Thanks for sharing your interview with Bob Gerr. Hearing the stories from the Disney legends is priceless!

Keep up the great work!

GAN
    GAN is offline A-Ticket holder

You are truly preserving history with interviews like the most recent with Bob Gurr(and many others). Good stuff. Thanks for all your efforts.