Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 185 - August 29, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #185 for the week of ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 185 - August 29, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #185 for the week of August 29, 2010.

This week, we’re going to visit with the first real wizard in to make his home in central Florida, as we step aboard the Walt Disney World Wayback Machine and talk with Merlin, from Disney’s Sword in the Stone. Merlin crowned the Temporary Ruler of the Realm for many years in Fantasyland, and we’ll talk one on one with a truly magical man who played Merlin - Jim Korkis. He’ll tell us about the show, what it was like to play Merlin, and we also get a chance to learn more about the man who is a real magician, Disney historian and true storyteller.

I’ll give you the answers to the clues and announce the winner of our last Walt Disney World contest, have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 185 - August 29, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

So is there a link somewhere to pics/video of Jim's Merlin show? I'm dying to see it!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

RickNJ is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 185 - August 29, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    So is there a link somewhere to pics/video of Jim's Merlin show? I'm dying to see it!
    I agree, I never saw the Merlin show.

Cheers

Rick R.
    Oct 2012 - French Quarter
    Nov 2010 - Pop Century
    Nov 2008 (Thanksgiving) All Start Music
    Nov 2007 (Thanksgiving) Port Orleans - Riverside
    Sept 1993 - Off site - First time with my kids
    June 1983 - Off Site - Senior Trip with GF - now my wonderful Wife
    May 1979 - Off Site - Parents drove down

Napria is offline A-Ticket holder

What a great interview with Jim Korkis. My son, who suffered a stroke when he was born and had to wear leg braces for a few years was picked by Merlin back in 2002. It was a huge surprise because we had just come over to see what was going on and the people in front of us let our kids get in front of them so our kids could see. When my son pulled that sword up from the stone, I cried. In a world where he had therapists working with him 5 days a week just to approach normal functioning, it was a huge boost to his ego to see a grown man couldn't do it but he could.

I don't know if Jim was Merlin that day but whoever it was I thank him.

And yes, we still have the medal and certificate

Ronnie_B is offline A-Ticket holder

I really enjoyed the interview. Always my favorite when you have the chance to speak with character cast members, Dreamfinder was another favorite of mine. Just so inspiring to hear how better they tried to make everyones day. Can't say I've seen Merlins' show more than the few times but I'll never forget the chills the disney magic of the show gave me as a young observer!

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

Quote Originally Posted by Napria View Post
    What a great interview with Jim Korkis. My son, who suffered a stroke when he was born and had to wear leg braces for a few years was picked by Merlin back in 2002. It was a huge surprise because we had just come over to see what was going on and the people in front of us let our kids get in front of them so our kids could see. When my son pulled that sword up from the stone, I cried. In a world where he had therapists working with him 5 days a week just to approach normal functioning, it was a huge boost to his ego to see a grown man couldn't do it but he could.

I don't know if Jim was Merlin that day but whoever it was I thank him.

And yes, we still have the medal and certificate
    What a great moment for your son, that just warms my heart, thank you for sharing it with is.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon

Great Show! I did not know Jim was so talented, nor did I know that he was an instructor at the Disney Institute! I took a couple animation classes there I think in 1997 (getting old is hard on the memory!).

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

I am a new person on the board and only have 9 posts so I can't upload my photo of Jim Korkis and myself. Hopefully, this post will take care of that problem !

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

Now that I have 10 posts I can actually post a picture........

Did I have a Moment of Greatness and I did not know it ??? Is this Jim Korkis making a fool of me ?? Merlin has his back to me (the coward) as I brutally remove the stone. Too bad we did not have a picture of me with the sword taunting Merlin.