Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 189 - September 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Statio in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Destination D Recap RoundtableHello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #189 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 189 - September 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Statio

Destination D Recap RoundtableHello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #189 for the week of September 26, 2010.

I just returned from Destination D, the D23 event celebrating the 55th anniversary of Disneyland. This two day event took guests on a journey through the design, creation, debut and history of the world's first Disney theme park through presentations, panels, screenings, speakers, Disney Legends, a scavenger hunt and even a concert of memorable songs from the Disneyland Resort. On this week痴 roundtable, we値l recap the events, discussing our expectations, surprises, reviews and memories. We値l then look towards what is coming next for D23 in Walt Disney World and at next year痴 Expo.

I値l have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 189 - September 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information St

Will you be at Sip & Stroll, Lou?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 189 - September 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information St

Just finished listening to your show Lou - brought back lots of great memories from a wonderful weekend in LA - thank you!

Cara
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

wvugeoggrad is offline A-Ticket holder

Great show!!! I loved hearing all the details about Destination D and now I'm pumped for the WDW version in 2011!! See ya at Food and Wine tomorrow!
    All your dreams can come true if you have
    the courage to pursue them.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

As much as I hate to say it.... the hour+ long roundtable discussions and hour + long interviews and walkabouts are getting a bit boring for me.

What's happened to the variety that first caught my attention years ago with this podcast?

FondyMark is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up Re: WDW Radio Show # 189 - September 26, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information St

I love the roundtables for the events like Destination D that I have to miss. It's not the same as being there, but they bring some of that fun out, especially this show done on-site afterwards.
    ~Mark Vitek~

Major Dude is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just finished listening to this show Lou. Sounds like you guys had a great time and I like how you taped the round table within earshot of the Jungle Cruise. Podcasts are always better when you're protected from pesky hippos by a skipper with a cap gun.

I had wanted to get over to meet you all that weekend at Destination D but someone in my family had the poor taste to have a birthday that weekend. I was out of town for the birthday shindig.

Great show as always!
    BareFozzie in the box