Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 190 - October 3, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; "The Vault of Walt" author Jim Korkis interview Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 190 - October 3, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

"The Vault of Walt" author Jim Korkis interview

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #190 for the week of October 3, 2010.

Disney historian, author and former Cast Member Jim Korkis has just released his first book - The Vault of Walt, and he joins me this week to discuss his history with Disney, as well as how the book came to be, and some of the stories about Walt Disney, the films, theme park attractions and more.

I’ll have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.
    You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 190 - October 3, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Thanks Lou. Korkis rocks.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 190 - October 3, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

Korkis again?!?!???? what happened to news and rumors

FondyMark is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou, thanks for another excellent Jim Korkis interview. I've added the new book to my Amazon list for my next order. I never get tired of his stories. Thanks again!
    ~Mark Vitek~

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Not far from the end... a brilliant segment so far.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Loved the interview, downloaded the Vault of Walt to my Kindle before I was even finished listening to the interview. Maybe I'll start downloading Lou's Book of the Month club.

jcamacam is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Re: WDW Radio Show # 190 - October 3, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stati

I must be just missing something but I never can find the show notes??? I would love to download the full interview with Jim Korkis but cannot seem to find the link.

Can you direct me?

Thanks!

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Great show Lou - thank you! Have just downloaded Jim's book on to my Kindle - it's next on my list of things to read.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

tchinkle is offline B-Ticket Holder

Lou,

I loved the opening part, where it appears to be a small clip of Richard Sherman playing It's A Small World. Is that from your D23 trip! I wish I could have been there to see him play!
    Do you Twitter?

FondyMark is offline A-Ticket holder

Lou, thank you so much for providing the full interview. Jim Korkis has led such an amazing life and has such a personal vault of Disney knowledge that it is such a pleasure and amazement to listen to the two of you talk.
    ~Mark Vitek~

Harold is offline A-Ticket holder

Great interview, Lou! Mr. Korkis is both enlightening and hilarious, and I bet his book is fascinating.

Tinkerkell123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Loved the interview and just ordered the book! Can't wait to get it...

georgemoe is offline D-Ticket Holder

Is there a "downloadable" version of the "unedited" verison of the Jim Korkis interview? I just went to the show notes page and there is only a play button.

If anyone has a direct link (not iTunes) it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    - George