Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 193 - October 24, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Interview with Disney Legend Alice Davis Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 193 - October 24, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Interview with Disney Legend Alice Davis

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #193 for the week of October 24, 2010.

In the next of my Legends of Disney Imagineering series of interviews, I had the honor of spending the day with a fascinating woman and true Legend, Alice Davis. We’ll discuss her fairy tale story of how she came to work for and with Walt Disney through her marriage to Marc Davis, one of his Nine Old Men. In addition to discussing her relationships with both, we also closely examine her work on classic films such as Sleeping Beauty, and attractions such as it’s a small world and Pirates of the Caribbean. Alice shares her very personal stories and humorous anecdotes about her work and life, from her early beginnings to the World’s Fair, to her ongoing connection to Disney enthusiasts today.

I’ll have a few announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 193 - October 24, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stat

Wow, terrific interview. How do you land these?
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: WDW Radio Show # 193 - October 24, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stat

An amazing person

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

Wow, Lou, way to go! Such a lovely person. In May 2007, I attended the Pirates on the Seven Seas event, and one day there was a panel giving talks that day, and she was part of the panel. It was really great to listen to her stories. Truly a part of Disney history.
    Can't wait to listen to this episode.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

she has alot of information and stories that unfortunately are beginning to be lost on our future because these great people will not be around forever... any thanks alice davis...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Indeed, and such a service people like Lou perform by recording their thoughts - better still, in their own words - before there is no longer the opportunity. The final part of the segment makes me want to pull out "Up" again...

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh i know right...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Harold is offline A-Ticket holder

What a great interview! Alice Davis' stories and work are truly inspirational and entertaining. What a team she and Marc made.

Experiment_626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Just listened to this episode late last night, during my five-hour drive back from WDW. I saved up episodes for several weeks, so I can listen while driving -- it keeps me awake, and on the drive home, it helps to cushion the blow.

Really enjoyed the interview, Lou -- and the very clever "bleep" you chose ...

SSB