Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 194 - October 31, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Epcot Food & Wine Festival Roundtable Review; New WDW NewsCast announcement & more Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 194 - October 31, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Epcot Food & Wine Festival Roundtable Review; New WDW NewsCast announcement & more

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #194 for the week of October 31, 2010.

An important part of your Walt Disney World vacation experience depends on when you visit the resort, as throughout the year, there are numerous special events spanning a variety of interests and themes. One of the most popular has been the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, now celebrating it痴 15th year. This week, we値l recap the event on our roundtable, and discuss and review the event as a whole, as it goes far beyond just sampling foods from around the world in the kiosks in World Showcase. We値l talk about some of the other experiences available to guests, our 3rd annual WDW Radio Walkabout, as well as recap the first annual Wine & Dine Half Marathon and post-race party in World Showcase.

I値l tell you all about a new weekly offering from WDW Radio beyond the show and videos, and something that you can be an integral and interactive part of, as I launch the all-new WDW NewsCast.

I値l have some more announcements and then play more of your voicemails at the end of the show. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 194 - October 31, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stat

I think you guys were WAY too nice to Disney on the mess at the Wine and Dine Half!

1. Parts of the race with NO lights??? That was dangerous! It was not "fun"
    2. HUGE lines for checked bags. Absolutly NO excuse. Disney has run large races before and should know how to do this! And Disney's response in that area "YELLING" at the runners who were literally FAINTING in front of them. Disney should have been very ashamed of themselves!
    3. No way to use your free food coupons or beverage coupons. Apparently your runners are much faster then most of us, but most runners could NOT even get near the food/drink.

Just a nightmare. And it "wasn't as crowded" in other parts of the park? THat's why the line for the women's restroom in MOROCCO was ALL THE WAY ACROSS the world showcase promendade???? (And Disney provided someone to YELL at them to MOVE OVER. I felt like they had hired TSA rejects for this event!) The line for the Beer Stand in "Germany" was an hour. (I timed one of my friends... over an hour LOL!)

I understand there was "entertainment" , but since Disney didn't provide any schedules etc.. finding it was just the luck of the draw!

Disney provided a very sub par experience even when compared to local races that cost half as much!
    Last edited by Carolla; 11-03-2010 at 11:58 AM.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 194 - October 31, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Stat

wow... tell us how you really feel... hahah.. im just kidding... but you bring up some legitimate points... im guessing they didnt check the marathon course at night to make sure the course was properly lit...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Who knows.... But there were sections with NO lights... very dangersous with that many runners.

Actually the lights weren't as bad as the "post race party" I had VERY low expectations for this based on the Tower Of Terror party a few years ago.. and it failed to even live up to the low expectations. It's not like I expected a first rate event..I knew it would be kind of "half done" based on the past race stuff and it was worse then I could imagine!

IF Disney had NEVER run a big event then MAYBE you could understand, but can't they do math..... they sell BOATLOADS of tickets to a post race party, they have X runners... What did they think they were all going to do? No rides, no shops, etc... Just the food kiosks....Ummm.

(And now that I think about it math is not thier strong point.... Ran out of Coast to Coast medals at the DL race this year. Ran out of Half medals a few races ago. Failed to order enough races for the DL 5K this year... Someone needs to buy them some calculators )
    Last edited by Carolla; 11-04-2010 at 08:49 PM.