Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 196 - November 14, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Alan Menken Interview Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #196 for ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

WDW Radio Show # 196 - November 14, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Alan Menken Interview

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #196 for the week of November 14, 2010.

This week, I am honored to welcome in a very special guest. In addition to being a Disney Legend, he is the recipient of multiple Academy Awards, Golden Globes and Grammys for his work on Disney animated classics such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Enchanted and, of course, Beauty and the Beast. Legendary composer Alan Menken joins me to talk about his early career and helping to usher in the renaissance of Disney animation, as well as his work on Disney’s 50th full-length animated feature, Tangled. It’s a fascinating look into the the life and music of a man who continues to make magic for generations of Disney fans.

I’ll announce the details for next month’s special Meet of the Month in Walt Disney World, some other upcoming Disney Meets, a few other announcements and of course your voicemails. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/wdwradio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://twitter.com/loumongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 196 - November 14, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Re: WDW Radio Show # 196 - November 14, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

Yeah I had a feeling you might like this episode, Tammy
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Great interview Lou. Music is a huge part of my life. I often base how I like a movie on the music. When visiting WDW, in every aspect at the resort, I love the music. It really sets the mood and the tone of the attraction or whatever hallway or shop I happen to be in. I'm always listening for the music. The background stuff is not wasted on me. Alan Menken's music is just so awesome! All these movies would not have the same feeling without him.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/