Your Walt Disney World Information Station
The WDW Radio Show Disney Podcast Discuss WDW Radio Show # 201 - December 19, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station in the The WDW Radio Show forums; Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater DSI: Disney Scene Investigation Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

WDW Radio Show # 201 - December 19, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater DSI: Disney Scene Investigation

Hello and welcome to The WDW Radio Show - Your Walt Disney World Information Station. I am your host, Lou Mongello, and this is show #201 for the week of December 19, 2010.

This week, we値l take a closer look at the history, story and details of a restaurant in Walt Disney World that many people consider an attraction in itself. Our DSI: Disney Scene Investigation takes us to Stage 14 in Disney痴 Hollywood Studios and back in time as we grab some popcorn, hang a speaker on our convertible and tune in to the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater.

I値l have just a few announcements and play some of your voicemails at the end of the show, so sit back, relax, and enjoy this week's episode of the WDW Radio Show.

You can email the show at lou@wdwradio.com or call the voicemail TOLL FREE at 888-703-2171.

Visit the web site at wdwradio.com and talk about the show by visiting and posting in the WDW Radio Show message forums

Join the fan page on Facebook: http://Facebook.com/WDWRadio

Follow Lou on Twitter: http://Twitter.com/LouMongello

Get some Disney magic delivered right to your door! Subscribe to Celebrations Magazine at http://CelebrationsPress.com

Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in next week!

More...
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

JavaPuppy is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 201 - December 19, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

Congrats on the Travel Podcast Award, Lou!!! It is much deserved in my opinion (and I backed my opinion up by voting for you almost every day that week).

I LOVE the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater! I have had one meal there every trip I have made to Walt Disney World since the restaurant opened, and I've been taking my Sci-Fi 'geek' friends there too.

While I do miss the popcorn, I heard through a Cast Member that the reason they got rid of it was that people would make a reservation, come and eat popcorn with a drink, and then leave without ordering a meal. Whether this story is true, or that the popcorn caused a hideous mess, both stories sound like they could be true.

The first menu, which included a Chicken Parmesan, was really great; I have been less impressed with the food offerings on subsequent trips, but for my companions who had never been to the Sci-Fi Dine-In, there have been no complaints.

My Reservation for the Friday preceding Marathon Weekend has already been made! I'm taking some fellow Goofy participants to carb up while watching some trailers for really bad old Sci-Fi movies.

See Some Of You At The Saturday (Half-Marathon Day) Meetup,

Hap!

Happy Keller

jjharvpro is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW Radio Show # 201 - December 19, 2010 - Your Walt Disney World Information Sta

Awesome show, Lou!! I've never been to the Sci-Fi Dine-In, but I'm very interested, especially now after this week's show. I'm not looking for good food on this restaurant;I'd want some fun entertainment and service.
    When you wish upon a star. . .

Follow me on Twitter: @JJharvill

Official Gold D23 Member as of 12-25-10.

WDW on March 14-18, 2011, staying at Port Orleans:French Quarter!!!

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Awesome show Lou. I love the Sci Fi Dine in. The food is decent but it's the ambiance that makes the place. Plus I'm a person who loves for 50's era sci fi
    WDW Radio Android App.